Search results

  1. Stumpsprouts

    Inventory / GIS software recommendations

    Thanks Daniel. That’s news I can use. I’ll check out Folcrum.
  2. Stumpsprouts

    Inventory / GIS software recommendations

    Hello, Wondering who amongst us has done tree inventories, and if they wouldn’t mind talking shop for a minute. I’m working on a municipal inventory bid and just looking at my tech options. I’ve used treeplotter in the past, which was nice… But I’m considering ArcGIS as it will integrate with...
  3. Stumpsprouts

    Fu*%face Von Clownstick

    Pedo-in-chief. My republicans on the chat, is this your role model?
  4. Stumpsprouts

    Has EAB arrived on the west coast now?

    After going through an ash extinction event here from about 2018-2022, here’s my advice. Identify the most beautiful majestic ashes and treat them. Like 2-5% of the total population of ashes. Remove all the other ash trees while they are safe to climb and rig. Compile all the wood and turn it...
  5. Stumpsprouts

    Fu*%face Von Clownstick

    ‘How is the trade war affecting your work flow?’ ‘How are the ICE raids affecting your work flow?’ ‘How is the climate collapse affecting your work flow?’ ‘How are the administrative cuts and freezing hires affecting your work flow?’ Is anybody out there doing better than before? Literally...
  6. Stumpsprouts

    Maple Decline

    I haven’t been to Ontario but when I’ve visited Chicago (closer to you than yonder), most of their Norway maple street trees had bark flaking at the base. We had a bad year last year with verticillium wilt, of all the maples, they took the biggest hit. But that manifests as sudden crown dieback...
  7. Stumpsprouts

    Ford F-350 as a chip truck

    This is some kind of zen koan…
  8. Stumpsprouts

    We finally did it

    I used up my one free article for this one lol. Including some choice moments… https://www.nytimes.com/2025/06/19/us/trump-iran-questions-white-house-tree-trimmers.html When an arborist named Christopher Tattersall walked out of his house in Glen Arm, Md., before sunrise on Wednesday, he had...
  9. Stumpsprouts

    Fu*%face Von Clownstick

    I’m really looking forward to the interview between Tucker Carlson and Ted Cruz. He really exposes Sen Cruz’s absolute ignorance, gets him to admit the US has already begun a war on Iran, and laughs in his face at his stupidity. I’ve never liked the guy but he knows how to cut through the...
  10. Stumpsprouts

    Fu*%face Von Clownstick

    Wake me when groceries are affordable again.. In the meantime I’m gonna continue to build local solidarity networks and not wait for electoral politics to improve things. Complete garbage system, not even worth arguing over.
  11. Stumpsprouts

    Cicada mitigation

    We have a pretty epic cicada brood on our hands here in Western NC. A lot of the trees on my property are ones I planted bare root and they just got to that 6-10’ height that these buggers just love to hammer. Including some of the worst. The black oak had more damaged canopy that I already...
  12. Stumpsprouts

    Fu*%face Von Clownstick

    Jfc DSMc you really walked into that one..
  13. Stumpsprouts

    Pictures after Hurricane Hugo in 1989

    Just like you eat an elephant. What a weird saying. Maybe it should be just like you give an elephant a bath. Helene required us all to become our own heroes. Part of my brain has erased a lot of the destruction and insane tree situations we dealt with. But my body remembers it happened. Great...
  14. Stumpsprouts

    Fu*%face Von Clownstick

    I was waiting for DOGE to finally trim the 60% excess spending in the Pentagon budget… I thought you said Musk would get to that? I have noticed the line of cars for the local food bank is about 3 times as long as it was, so that’s some big changes!! Bigger is better right?
  15. Stumpsprouts

    What slings do you recommend?

    Absolutely. They are :)
  16. Stumpsprouts

    What slings do you recommend?

    The ones we have used are spliced by local professional from 3/4 rigging line (it’s been a few different particular brands over the years I forget what we are on now). I usually use 2x 25’ and 1x 35’ and that gets me home safe, on time or early ;)
  17. Stumpsprouts

    Overuse Injuries

    Thank you for helping me justifying eating this pint of ice cream…
  18. Stumpsprouts

    Overuse Injuries

    I tried knee ascenders at different times, with good folks who knew how to train, it just didn’t click for my body. This is relatable. For me it’s the fucking mini skid ramps. I just literally can’t lift them anymore. Plus the brush dragging. Climbing extends my spine and provides the most...
  19. Stumpsprouts

    Overuse Injuries

    Well, an easy fix there is using an electric saw. Starting even a 261 makes my lower back a little annoyed now. As far as the knee.. just spitballing some ideas… if you’re still climbing… double check your spikes are adjusted to your shin length. That’s done me in before with knee pain. I also...
  20. Stumpsprouts

    How's the work flow?

    I’ve been doing some tree talks about Helene failures- I recently did one at a naturalist convention here in Asheville and it went really well, had over a hundred people show up for my talk. I had a table full of business cards and I think like 50 got taken. Thought it would lead to a lot of...

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom