Search results

  1. Stumpsprouts

    LA Fires

    Didn’t hear. I didn’t watch any of it. But just looked it up… lip service… we will see how it translates to action in the next big disaster. But pulling out of climate accord, pulling out of WHO, gutting the govt, I don’t see how any of these things make the govt more able to respond to...
  2. Stumpsprouts

    LA Fires

    So weird, everything today was exactly the same as it was a couple days ago. Almost as if the government doesn’t have much power over me? If you’re referring to the trans community I think the fears are overstated. I’m much more concerned about immigrants and our economy/health care in general...
  3. Stumpsprouts

    LA Fires

    A gaff can be calmly applied to someone’s eyeball, doesn’t have to be like some big dramatic emotional thing
  4. Stumpsprouts

    LA Fires

    Remember everyone, if your coworker is a nazi, just stab them in the face with your gaffs. Pretty sure that’s in some BMP somewhere.
  5. Stumpsprouts

    LA Fires

    Someone’s been playing Sid Meier’s Civilization
  6. Stumpsprouts

    LA Fires

    Mel Gibson, ‘Conspiracy Theory’, 1997, in his room surrounded by newspaper clippings. A natural role for him. He did turn out to be right in the movie… more importantly he bit Sir Patrick Stewart’s nose off.
  7. Stumpsprouts

    LA Fires

    Being disaster ready is a huge takeaway. When I was deep in Helene recovery work and everyone from afar was asking how to help, I told everyone to work on their disaster plan. Everyone’s next natural disaster, no matter where you live, could be right around the corner. A big part of that is...
  8. Stumpsprouts

    Coronet Pruning and other Wildlife Habitat Incorporation

    Oh god. It was starlings. I’m a dolt. Don’t listen to me!
  9. Stumpsprouts

    Coronet Pruning and other Wildlife Habitat Incorporation

    Common swift- European swift. My local birder friends don’t like them because they take over local habitats, just like this silver maple stump, from the native birds.. Might be common to our area and not yours. That Is A Cute Bird
  10. Stumpsprouts

    Coronet Pruning and other Wildlife Habitat Incorporation

    Leaving snags is routine in this area across different companies, easy to sell and even often requested, probably have left hundreds.. I’ve only done the coronet cut a couple times though. I think it’s a neat hat trick but wildlife is incredibly adept at making their own houses. I left a...
  11. Stumpsprouts

    Re-pollarding old beeches at a graveyard

    A thousand snap cuts!! That’s an impressive display of the skill, but why not rig some pieces?
  12. Stumpsprouts

    When do you block a customer's number?

    I agree! ‘Sounds like something I’d need to assess in person. I’d be able to come out for a minimum charge of $, more if I need to do xyz.’
  13. Stumpsprouts

    Seeking safe method re crane TIP

    What is your hitch setup? Using a rope runner sped up crane work for me, but a while ago I used the Hitch Hiker 2 on the ball and that was about the only time I loved that device. Perfect for cranes. You can have the ball raise up so you’re a few feet in the air, then descend on your system...
  14. Stumpsprouts

    When do you block a customer's number?

    Give yourself a price tag for consulting that either makes you happy, or makes him not have you out. Your knowledge and advice has monetary value!
  15. Stumpsprouts

    Seeking safe method re crane TIP

    Respectfully, making a work flow / equipment adjustment predicated on the worry that an arborist will not be able to accurately tie a life load knot is a troubling precedent. Ye of little faith? I am sure you are very very qualified to tie the right knot, every time, and if there’s a question of...
  16. Stumpsprouts

    Liberalism ruins everything it touches.

    This political infighting between colleagues who care for trees, a key component of wildfires, is really depressing. We should be working together to improve management practices and make this world more habitable for all, not arguing over some dumb shit a politician said.
  17. Stumpsprouts

    Liberalism ruins everything it touches.

    Gas is $2.70 a gallon today- what am I supposed to be mad about again?
  18. Stumpsprouts

    Fu*%face Von Clownstick

    I’ve been wondering when the tide will shift with goods made locally versus overseas, I am starting to see cheap plastic crap at CVS cost the same or more than artisan goods sold at local craft fairs and farmers markets. Hopefully folks will put 2 and 2 together and start buying their goods...
  19. Stumpsprouts

    Get you some

    It was out of stock so I have just been rocking the 535. The company I work for bought a new 542, plus a new mini, truck, dump trailer, 500i, etc…
  20. Stumpsprouts

    Get you some

    I’ve been really frugal. Since the summer I spent $20 on parts for my 261 but that’s about it. The benefits of being w2 employee again.

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom