Search results

  1. L

    Battery Replacement Blower for Sthil Gas BR-600 Leaf Blower ?

    I don't know that I've ever had to meaningfully work on a backpack blower. I bought another BR800 last month to go with the 800 we normally use. I may still have the previous 600. I have a lot of Milwaukee tools and batteries. Electric isn't the way for blowers, that I've seen. I wish Stihl...
  2. L

    liability insurance claim/ property damage

    You are liable to repair her vehicle and provide her transportation while it’s being repaired. If she’s willing to settle $1800 of damage for $2k all in, write it up, pay her, and be done.
  3. L

    liability insurance claim/ property damage

    For $2k I would pay out of pocket and offer my heart felt apologies with a waiver of liability putting the issue to bed.
  4. L

    Tree Work Vehicles

    Yep! It's 3 years old this month, ~8800 miles on it I think. Absolutely no chipping, that would be a move in the wrong direction efficiency wise. My usual groundy is a 63 year old retired UPS driver and if we need more help my assistant comes out. There's almost always room somewhere to get...
  5. L

    Tree Work Vehicles

    Daily driver/bid vehicle: The day to day work setup: The infrequently used but magnificent hook lift.
  6. L

    Which to choose? Compact utility tractor VS Mini Skid VS Gehl

    It's not perfect, but it has AC, is 4' wide, does ~7mph, gets the material to the grapple truck efficiently, and can side beside the stump grinder on the front of the trailer.
  7. L

    Free Buff from TreeStuff shipped in large box.

    Same thing here; ordered stump grinder teeth, got the free junk on Friday, got the teeth the following week.
  8. L

    Help!! Stump grinder teeth!

    Rayco had a Monster tooth which was their Super Tooth scaled up. I've never seen a tooth with a collar built in to index on the wheel. Seems like a curious design vs using a larger bolt.
  9. L

    Hackeddddddd

    Does your access to the forum software let you block the user and delete their content/spam clean function?
  10. L

    Nifty Lift Boom Speed?

    @Woodman I’m a user and dealer of Nifties. The fastest I’ve timed the SD64 going from boom fully stowed to fully vertical was 67 seconds. The “new” (2020ish) SD64 have the engine speed turned down so they make just under 25hp for emissions. The older machines make 32-33hp. The pumps are...
  11. L

    Avgas 100LL in your saw - NOT!

    You’ll probably be ok either way with your respirator.
  12. L

    Avgas 100LL in your saw - NOT!

    Race gas (110 octane) is also leaded with around 2x the lead of 100LL...
  13. L

    Stihl 462 vs 500i?

    I went from 462 to multiple 500i, all ported. The 500 does "everything" well for me.
  14. L

    Crane Tips Over

    Depending on the crane, lifting the opposing outrigger a short distance may be completely normal, especially on knuckle booms. Lifting the front end that much and the passenger main outrigger being ~4' off the ground (also lost its pad) is way beyond "normal."
  15. L

    New Grapple truck

    That'll be ~$60k light I'd bet.
  16. L

    Fuel prices

    Depending on the work we’re doing, fuel costs are 8-12% annually. I’ve gone to an electric car, the current car has used 4094kWh of electricity driving 12.1k miles (.338kWh/mi). I pay $.12kWh charging at home, and an average of $.29kWh super charging while traveling. Today I had 1065...
  17. L

    New estimate car

    Do you know what he had? My first was a Model Y, my current is a Model S. I've given a bunch of rides in mine, but only a couple people have driven the S.
  18. L

    New estimate car

    I switched to a Tesla for running around 5 months/14k miles ago, it has been beyond fantastic. I’d have a hard time going back to a gas vehicle for my normal driving.
  19. L

    Nifty TM64

    I run a SD64 and am a dealer for Nifty. I’ve sold one TM64 to the tree industry, the rest went to other industries. I’ve sold 40 something SD64 I believe and have ~18 on order. I do have a TM64 on order for starting a rental fleet (along with TM34 and TM50). Having a 70’ lift that can be...
  20. L

    Electric motor conversion: Chevy V8 550 hp

    My car has a 1200lb battery pack that holds ~95kWh. That's a theoretical 95000 watts for 1 hour, or 127hp for 1 hour. Using the 240V wall charger it takes ~52 minutes to add 10% to the battery ( call it 9 hours to fully charge). A 12" chipper with 120hp is no slouch, and it only uses max...

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom