Search results

  1. D

    Forestry Pro?

    Has anyone used the 1/2" rigging line that Forestry Pro makes for lowering? Any opinions on it?
  2. D

    Notch vs. Distel?

    So how long has Notch been making Geckos? Anyone concerned for the quality of those spurs going forward or anything? It seems like the Rope Runner Pro has made people start to think differently about Notch. Think it will last?
  3. D

    Yale Kernmantle Ropes

    Does anyone know if Yale's Kernmaster Safari is the same rope just a different color of their Kernmaster (comes in blue and orange)?
  4. D

    New Buckingham Spurs?

    Anyone have a chance to try these out and have an opinion on them? https://www.treestuff.com/buckingham-alloy-black-climber-kit/
  5. D

    Rope Grab recommendation?

    I should note I'm looking for something that works with ropes 11 to 11.7 mm.
  6. D

    Rope Grab recommendation?

    Which rope grabs are you willing to part with? @Jonny Which type of Gibbs?
  7. D

    Rope Grab recommendation?

    Looking for a better way to handle sap than my hitch-based lanyard adjuster. Can you let slack out in a controlled manner with your weight in your lanyard on the Petzl Micrograb or Buckingham rope grab? I have used the ART positioned 2 and loved it, just looking to try something new.
  8. D

    Flat Ropes

    So I know that the rope wrench flattens ropes, but what does that mean for the rope and the climb? I can't imagine it is horrible for your ropes, or it wouldn't be such a popular device. Does it decrease their lifespan or make ascending or descending inconsistent? Do the Akimbo or Rope Runner...
  9. D

    Natural Crotch Kernmantle?

    I climb mostly on blue moon and really just want to try something different.
  10. D

    Natural Crotch Kernmantle?

    This rope will be mostly used SRS with a rope wrench. If I do climb MRS I usually have a cambium saver. Natural crotch will likely only be as a second tie in point. I feel like I remember being told natural crotch was bad for kernmantles because it moves the jacket seperately from the core...
  11. D

    Natural Crotch Kernmantle?

    How do kernmantle ropes like Dragonfly fair in a moving rope system in a natural crotch?
  12. D

    Climbing Ergonomics

    That is awesome feedback. Any advice on places to go for examples of how to work a tree SRS as opposed to how you would move in a competition? I think the only two pieces of advice I have gotten are to utilize redirects to work the tree in columns, and to set up a mechanical advantage to come...
  13. D

    Climbing Ergonomics

    That makes sense. I have thought about rock climbing that way. So if you need to tend slack and hold yourself aloft, will you keep the arm holding you basically fully extended? Also, do thicker ropes help with wrist pain? Or lighter ropes?
  14. D

    Climbing Ergonomics

    I typically only use DRT for small trees, and then I almost always use a cambium saver. You are right about SRT. It just takes so much less energy. Especially for ascending. Maybe my hitch cords need to be replaced? I climb on a 5 wrap michoacan DRT and a 6 wrap knut SRT (rope wrench). I feel...
  15. D

    Climbing Ergonomics

    Around 2 years.
  16. D

    Climbing Ergonomics

    I've been thinking a lot recently about climbing ergonomics and the longevity of my career. Having only climbed on hitches, are mechanical devices easier on your body/joints than hitches? I have really taken notice of how much strain pulling slack through my climbing hitch and lanyard is. I am...
  17. D

    Cinching Mid-Line Knot?

    Great feedback here. Thanks, folks.
  18. D

    Cinching Mid-Line Knot?

    That's not bad either.
  19. D

    Cinching Mid-Line Knot?

    I like that solution for sure.
  20. D

    Cinching Mid-Line Knot?

    Anyone have a good one? Example: The other day we ended up tying a running bowline near the top of a leaning tree to stabilize it, ran the rigging line down through a crotch in a neighboring pin oak, and had 40' of rope left at the base of the tree. How would you have tied off that leaning...

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom