Yale Kernmantle Ropes

rico

Fragile cover for sure but it also felt smaller than usual for a 11mm rope, which was tough on my aging hands...Mostly I didn't like how it played with my Wrench. I have my Wrench setup pretty dialed in and its pretty amazing on a variety of ropes, but it just felt weird on the all-poly Kernmaster. Kinda reminded me of a used up baggy hank of HTP I have...It just didn't flow through the Wrench like my preferred ropes. YMMV of coarse, but that was my short experience with this rope.

Crimsonking

Thanks for sharing. I agree that it feels small, and I honestly didn’t care much for the rope until I got a RRP. My wrench setup wasn’t too happy with it either- I had to swing back to the trunk from a limb walk because creep dropped me under the limb too far to continue. So far on the RRP, it’s been amazing. I use it for most of my work right now because of its standout performance with the device. Ddrt and srt have both been great.

rico

Many of us own and use multiple devices and finding a rope that works with all of them is pretty tough to do, especially if your using both friction hitch based and mechanical devices.....Sounds like you found a great match for your Runner Pro....

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom