Search results

  1. chris_girard

    Need Rigging Pictures

    Yup it's one of the best threads on rigging out there.
  2. chris_girard

    OSHA visit

    I like your thinking Steve! We should bring this up next month at The Crane Climbers Workshop.
  3. chris_girard

    OSHA visit

    Hey Graeme, that's good to hear. People seem to have an unrealistic notion that OSHA is "out to get them" because they enforce laws that are out there to actually protect them. I would like to think that inspectors coming onto a jobsite for an inspection would be more likely to give out a...
  4. chris_girard

    Hi

    Been Here Awhile
  5. chris_girard

    "A" Frame

    Only had to use an A-Frame support twice in over 40 years of tree work, but works great when needed. I have some pretty good diagrams of all the loads calculated, when I last used it, which I'll try and upload. How many of you newer guys have had a chance to do this? BTW, for those of you who...
  6. chris_girard

    I Hate Posting Here...

    I have a motto that I live by..."Fatigue makes idiots out of all of house." A 13 hour tree day is way too long for this type of work, better and safer to come back the next day.
  7. chris_girard

    Hi

    Though I think I deserve more than a participating member under my name since I have been on TreeBuzz for 20 years and I'm one of the first 400 members.
  8. chris_girard

    Hi

    Hey David, like you, I haven't posted a lot on TreeBuzz over the last few years. Will try to post more often.
  9. chris_girard

    I Hate Posting Here...

    Live and learn, we all do.
  10. chris_girard

    Trucker's Hitch Pull Testing, 6 Different Variations

    Great info Patrick! The use of a trucker's hitch aka Z-Rig I feel is one thing that a lot of new tree guys don't even know about in this age of technology, and if they know about it, then they don't know the mechanics behind it. Nerdy stuff to some, but to hardcore rigging enthusiasts like me...
  11. chris_girard

    How an 18th century battleship works

    Fantastic video Tom, thanks for sharing!
  12. chris_girard

    OSHA visit

    All good advice, but as someone stated above, if you're not a member of TCIA, become one. They, more than anyone here knows how to deal with OSHA directly, as they deal with the Feds daily and can tell you exactly what to expect and what you need when a visit eventually happens, which it will...
  13. chris_girard

    Gin pole

    So has anyone here actually used this device? I still think it's cool for certain situations.
  14. chris_girard

    helmets are dumb.

    Same here Tom!
  15. chris_girard

    1" Hobbs rigging block

    Will do
  16. chris_girard

    1" Hobbs rigging block

    After searching for over 10 years, I was finally able to find a 1" Hobbs Block (thanks again Lawrence Schultz). Really is a piece of history. Showed it to Don Blair and he says that it looks like one of the earliest Ed Hobbs block designs.
  17. chris_girard

    This is rigging!

    Yup, the Hobbs socket mod is THE WAY to go with the H2, makes all the difference in the world! I'll get some pics up on the way that I modified mine, as it's a little different than flushcut's.
  18. chris_girard

    Interesting Read.

    This is such a Fantastic book, that everyone should read it! Well worth the coin spent in purchasing it.
  19. chris_girard

    This is rigging!

    Hey Phil, sorry for the late reply. I haven't had time to be on TB lately. To snub the main haul line, I just had an employee at the back spar tethering the line with a large Portawrap. We were lifting loads about 20' into the air, give or take. There wasn't any drag on the material until we...
  20. chris_girard

    This is rigging!

    I am so sorry for the confusion guys, I hate it when I have technical errors like that!

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom