Recent content by erwin

  1. E

    wish Bashlinds makes an in-between sized replacement gaffs

    been using the pole gaffs for 2 years and decided to try the tree gaffs. the pole gaffs work great for 90% of my climbing activity. the other 10% is when I climb thick barked or dead trees trees or, when I gig in bothfeet on the side of a horizontal limb during removal. the tree gaffs are wayyy...
  2. E

    1st time in 20 years in business been threatened of a lawsuit

    got it guys. Thx. I'll just go ahead pay it and get a release.
  3. E

    1st time in 20 years in business been threatened of a lawsuit

    did a removal for a lady last year, nothing special about the tree, finished grinding the stump, cleaned up and left. There were a few red flags here n there, like asking to do one more thing here n one more thing there, nothing too serious. The next day HO called and complaining about a cut...
  4. E

    Question about wear n tear in stumper cutting wheel

    Thx guys. it's a 2008 Vermeer sc60TX with 950 hours. it's the original Vermeer wheel. when wear gets so bad, start affecting balance, I'm get an after market one.
  5. E

    Question about wear n tear in stumper cutting wheel

    Hi. All. I just noticed that the edge of my cutting wheel developed funny looking recessed areas at the outer edge in front of some teeth pair. Is it normal wear? I just don’t understand how that could happen. Is it time to replace the wheel? If so it might be a good time to look at alternative...
  6. E

    try to wire auto feed plus to my Bandit 65 repowered with new kohler command pro 37hp, no success

    If anyone has managed to get it work with the new kohler engine, plz share, Thx. planning to replace the non-working Bandit factory autofeed with Auto Feed Plus before the season starts. There is no easy way to mound a mag pickup anywhere on the engine. At least I did not figure out how...
  7. E

    Fence wire in trees?

    if i's my property, I'd leave a few inches and fold it back on the bark. most likely I'll be the one cutting down the tree in the future if need be.
  8. E

    opinions needed before I take my broken Bandit 250 to the metal recycler

    Tried CL no luck. Might b just too much trouble to find someone. Will try to keep it for another year Before the move then remove all the pimps n valve n let it go.
  9. E

    opinions needed before I take my broken Bandit 250 to the metal recycler

    I restored one 98 model and now it's my work horse. Couldn't help and picked up this one couple years ago planning to do the same. never had the time and never will. already have a very nice lower hour 65 as backup chipper. going to take out all the useful parts and just haul it to the recycler...
  10. E

    Today....

  11. E

    Today....

    I used to use my bucket maybe once a month the first 2 years I bought it. Now, I truly don't remember when I used it the last time. I have to run it every few weeks just to warm it up. I'll have to just sell it one day. one day if i can't climb anymore, i'll buy a track lift.
  12. E

    re-calibrating pricing for my trimming jobs

    yes less gears, but way more intellectual, requires creative thinking and could be time consuming as well. The end result of two guys (not the same level) doing the same removal can hardly be much different. But, the end result of a full trim job will be very different. This is what I try to...
  13. E

    re-calibrating pricing for my trimming jobs

    quite surprised to see no one is judging me :)
  14. E

    re-calibrating pricing for my trimming jobs

    after over 15 years in business, I'm at the point that I can almost name my price (100% referrals). Obviously every tree is different. Let's say a typical mature pin oak in a subdivision, with 24-28" DBH, 25% facing house 20' from the house) in the front yard, branches overhang the roof by...
Top Bottom