Weak dump hoist help!

Reach

Glad to see you got it working again, and that a new pump fixed it! I think the hoist is in a good place to lift the bed, sliding it back would give you a steeper dump angle, but also require more power to lift the bed.

Odd they used a frame ground for the old pump, that was probably part of its problem- something that draws as much current as that pump definitely needs a dedicated ground.

As for the reason a power up/gravity down hoist would have two lines, maybe that pump allowed the upper hose to vent through the valve body somehow. Usually there’s just a little vent plug in the top end of the cylinder, but maybe that one was vented differently for some reason.

Phil

That's gotta feel nice to have it fixed.

Have you or are you going to pull the old pump off the old reservoir? If I'm not mistaken that's where my screen was. I'd be interested to also hook the old one up straight to a battery and put a pressure gauge on it to see what its output is. Might be salvageable.

Last edited:

CaPowell

That's gotta feel nice to have it fixed.

Have you or are you going to pull the old pump off the old reservoir? If I'm not mistaken that's where my screen was. I'd be interested to also hook the old one up straight to a battery and put a pressure gauge on it to see what its output is. Might be salvageable.
No. I haven't yet, but I plan to.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom