Treestuff's New Website

bonner1040

...I bought a camp herbol cambium saver about six months ago. It was advertised as having steel rings, but it has aluminum rings. I called TS and pointed this out to them. No one has changed the description. It still shows it as having steel rings in the material description on the TS website. ...
First I heard of it right now, fixed.

The rest of the struggles described here I take to heart and we are working to build and expand the customer service team who are all overworked and understaffed. I know a lot of treecompanies struggle with staffing issues, and even with 20 million Americans losing their jobs, we struggle to get folks to even show up for interviews to work on the phones. But as always you can email me directly nick@treestuff.com or call/text my personal cell phone @ 440.989.0444 if you need something.

JasonRoland

I had to replace a set of tree gear. I hadn’t ordered anything from Treestuff for a while, I figured I’d give it a try. I did find an online coupon for 15% off, which I was very excited about- dropped my total order from $2300 to $1950!
I placed the order Monday, July 6. On the website, everything was listed as “In Stock” - I even went with a couple different items than I had on my list to make sure I would get it ASAP.
July 8 I get a shipment notice, which now says approximately half the items are back ordered.
July 10 I email to ask about this, I get no response.
The UPS truck rolls up and presents me with a box with my partial order.
I call Treestuff, it goes to the answering machine. I leave a message.
I do call again at the end of the day July 10, I find out that Reno, Nevada is my “ Home Warehouse” and that if an item isn’t at your “Home Warehouse” it’s considered to be backordered. I’m told everything else should be sent along shortly. Except the flip line I ordered, which was getting spliced.
July 13 I get a shipment notification that everything else has shipped except the flipline.
Over the weekend July 11-12 I decide I’ll set up my new saddle.
It’s a Buckingham Ergovation, I bought it as a direct replacement for my other one ( which had been provided by my employer). It says Ergovation on it, but the leg straps on the new saddle are not Velcro like my old one and the buckles are not the same and frankly look like knock off or discount versions of the old ones ( made by ISC).
I go back and look at Treestuff website, it shows the old style belt like my existing one. I look at Buckingham website, it shows the new style.
So I call Buckingham, indeed the buckles and leg straps have been changed. I go back and forth if I want to return this saddle or not, I feel if there is a new style it’s not a good plan to have the old style picture on the website.
I decide to wait until the rest of my stuff comes in to address the matter with Treestuff, due to the fact that unless they have an old style saddle in the warehouse somewhere, I’m stuck with the new style no matter what the website picture is.
Wednesday July 15 I get a shipment notice that the flipline is on the way.
Now I’m thinking I’ll be good soon.
Except the new orders are shipped FedEx.
Monday, July 20 I check the tracking, both shipments are on the way.
Wednesday, July 22 the box that got shipped first is on the truck!
The other box got a “weather delay” in Central CA... I’m not sure what happened.
Then, yesterday, July 23, there was a note on the one tracking that the Street Address was incorrect. The other box was scheduled to arrive today.
I called Treestuff this am- it went to the voicemail and I left a message wondering about my stuff. Also left a message regarding the saddle not being as shown in photo. I also sent an email at that time.
This evening, when it still hadn’t shown up, the one package had been updated to show that the flipline will be here by “ End of day, July 31”. ( so it will be 25 days after the order).
The other package shows, “ Scheduled delivery- pending- Recommended action contact FedEx- street name!” so I call FedEx, go through the automated system, wondering what could be wrong with the street name on 1 of 3 packages? Unfortunately, only the Shipper can make changes or corrections to the Recipients address, so I was told to contact the sender.
But, no return call or email so far.

So now 18 days after the order, I still only have 1/2 of the Tree Stuff I ordered, and a saddle that’s not what I ordered. I realize some of the blame can be put on Buckingham - for changing the design, and some can be put on FedEx, but it’s definitely not the TreeStuff it used to be.
I will have to say the pricing was very good and the items I received ( except the saddle ) were as advertised, but the rest has been quite the hassle so far.

Benjo75

They do seem to be out of stock on an abnormal amount of items. They're part of Sherrill now too. So some of your items may come from Treestuff and some from Sherrill. You have at least 2 different warehouses shipping items which some of are backordered. Then at least 2 different shipping companies. Throw in the virus and everything is messed up right now. Although tbis does seem like a long time to get an order I like to think everyone is doing the best they can under the circumstances. It is frustrating though.

Hosocat

I really empathize with any business that has to rely on the supply and shipping chains during this pandemic. It must be a nightmare administratively, not to mention the cost of multiple shipments to fill a single order. Tough times.

Reach

I really empathize with any business that has to rely on the supply and shipping chains during this pandemic. It must be a nightmare administratively, not to mention the cost of multiple shipments to fill a single order. Tough times.
It is a nightmare to ship things right now, especially internationally. Ray and Kyle is Gap Arborist are both good friends of mine, and I’ve been hearing from them about the issues in getting things into the country, and of availability of many of the common items we buy which come from other parts of the world. It’s gotten pretty bad, and coupled with the abnormally high demand right now, it’s a wonder our suppliers have anything in stock at all!

JasonRoland

Thinking of it this AM- we are in difficult times. I reached out to Nick directly and will post the results.

I was just excited to get some new gear and disappointed so far with how it’s turning out.

dsptech

:baaa:
Nothing new to be surprised about.
This is the new normal of order processing since the merger.
Been this way ever since, long before the Virus existed.

Last edited:

JasonRoland

Thinking of it this AM- we are in difficult times. I reached out to Nick directly and will post the results.

I was just excited to get some new gear and disappointed so far with how it’s turning out.
Nick did email back promptly and helped. It turns out the problem was with FedEx ( who they used to ship the stuff that was not in the warehouse in Reno). It eventually all got here and was as advertised. Looking at the tracking history I‘m calling it a shipping problem rather than a TreeStuff problem.

As for the saddle, he had his Buckingham representative contact me directly. It turns out that Buckingham is retooling the Ergovation back to the old style and I’m supposed to check back in after another week or so. Nick offered money back or exchange, so for the time being I am content to wait and see what happens with Buckingham.

Thanks to Nick, he did a great job following up. It made the whole thing a lot more personal. I realize that I’m a one man show placing an order once a year ( or less) and he made me feel like a valued customer and that they really cared.

Cereal_Killer

Day 80 since my tree stuff order, no package, haven't gotten an email reply since 2nd week of August when they promised my back ordered item would be to them by the end of last month and to me by 2nd week of this month. They're no longer returning emails at all including an email to Nick @bonner1040 I sent Tuesday. Maybe posting here will get some help?

I just want my stuff..
Order placed June 30th.

96coal449

Day 80 since my tree stuff order, no package, haven't gotten an email reply since 2nd week of August when they promised my back ordered item would be to them by the end of last month and to me by 2nd week of this month. They're no longer returning emails at all including an email to Nick @bonner1040 I sent Tuesday. Maybe posting here will get some help?

I just want my stuff..
Order placed June 30th.
I hadn't bought anything from Treestuff since the merge with Sherrill.
Nothing against the staff at Treestuff. They always used to have excellent customer service. I, just have a huge disdain for Sherrill.

Recently, after Nicks post to me above #111, I sent for a small order to TS. A DMN vault, and a binner. I wanted to show my thanks to Nick by throwing a bit coin his way.

I always like to give the "little guys" my business. August will get another order from me soon. Small, but an order.

I do hope this gets straightened out for you @Cereal_Killer

27RMT0N

I'm not associated with Treestuff in any way and when I can (which is most of the time) I make a point of ordering from Wesspur (local boys) but I have made a number of orders with Treesuff this year and while a few things have been backordered and took an extra week or so, I haven't had any problems. Too many 'reviews' online are only written by the people having problems and it gives a slanted impression. Just thought I'd share my recent and generally good experiences.

Cereal_Killer

I posted in haste between jobs yesterday, in the name of transparency I thought I'd tell the whole story:

June 30th I placed an order, on that order was a triple thimble spliced on a sling. Now at that time the spliced sling triple thimble product page listed backorder 2-3 weeks (as is typical for spliced products) and the stand-alone triple thimble product page listed back ordered 3-4 weeks. I was willing to wait that time frame so I added it to the order.

End of July I call and actually get someone on the phone, she tells me that haven't received the triple thimbles yet but they expect them any time.

2 weeks into August I email info@treestuff and a woman with an @sherilltree email address replies to say the triple thimbles WILL arrive to them by the end of the month (she was adamant about that) and my order was near the top of the splicing que and they would have it done and out by the 2nd week of September.

That's the last communication I've had with them. I emailed that woman last week, emailed nick @bonner1040 Tuesday, both emails have gone unreplied and now checking the triple thimble product page the status is showing 4-6 months backorder! Is it unrealistic on my end to expect an update / reply if the product on ordered 3 months ago is now back ordered another half a year? I mean sure, I understand they can't send out unsolisited order update emails on every back ordered product but after 3 months of waiting already (and now apparently 6 more months) I don't think it's too much to ask to reply to a status update email request...

By the way, in every email I sent, including the one to Nick Tuesday, I never got angry and yelled (who wants to reply to a angry customer). I simply asked for an update and infact I actually offered what I thought was a pretty good solution; had they received the triple thimble restock they could save themselves labor costs / time and save face on this whole ordeal by skipping the sling splicing and simply sending me the thimble and the cost difference (from spliced sling to stand-alone thimble, $50 worth) of tenex TEC and I'd do the splicing myself so I wasn't waiting on them.

Last edited:
Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom