Teufelberger TreeMotion EVO for sale

treesap

what is that thing?

my mom would not be happy with me going for a bike ride on these stupid tennessee roads lol

I will figure something out I think

evo

this job is 45 minutes from my house, do you expect me to carry all my tools there by hand?

I might be able to get a ride from the homeowner (we are friends, she comes out this way occasionally)
All joking and cheap jabs aside how old are ya?

treesap

I know, people gonna be mad that a 14yo is getting into tree work, I can assure you I wont work on something where damaging buildings, people, power lines, houses etc is possible, only lawn divots

once I get insurance and a little practice tho, we gonna be pullin some august hunickie moves...

Jonny

You still in school?
When I was your age I gave zero fucks about trees lol, don’t you got girls, beer, and weed in your town?
All good, go chase that money. Might be a rockstar of a climber by the time you’re 20 something.
TreeBuzz is a good resource, but I worry you’ll end up crippled or killed without a real mentor and on the job training.

treesap

You still in school?
When I was your age I gave zero fucks about trees lol, don’t you got girls, beer, and weed in your town?
All good, go chase that money. Might be a rockstar of a climber by the time you’re 20 something.
TreeBuzz is a good resource, but I worry you’ll end up crippled or killed without a real mentor and on the job training.
homeschooled, few girls, lots of beer and weed in my town tho

I do have someone I climb with for training, and I dont try new stuff till its muscle memory

if anything feels wrong, stop, and check your entire setup

my kryptonite is throwline's, other than that id say im a decent climber, defiantly not an expert, but getting better

I should say, there are defiantly girls, although half of them are psycho crackheads

evo

14 goin on 15
why?
No offense, but taking on a land clearing job and wishing it was in trade for a 194 isn't fair wages. Unless it's a few days of weed whacking.

Then from the other thread there was the D6 dozer idea in place as a skidder because of you dads budget. A D6 is a fuck of a big machine and far from low impact, also far from cheap. Not to mention using an alaskan mill to do serious milling work, or actually logging.

We are a group of professionals some of which are second generation and retired.. That is the caliper of the folks here, some even world class.

We were all kids once, some worked and some chased girls, or boys... I'd slow your butt down a bit, read a bunch more and realize there is worlds to learn. Practice respecting us by asking clear and concise questions. Invite your pops to join us..

There is a huge difference of maybe gonna buy 100 acres and kinda might buy a bandsaw mill (alaskan mill) for a few boards, and a legitimate operation operating as a professional. Same with tree work, if you are doing it for hire you assume liability for duty of care, and standard of care. Are you ready to take that on at 14? Seriously, don't go looking to the innerweb to forum to learn these things, this place isn't for that. This place is for sharing ideas and techniques on a professional level.

I don't know shit about logging. My dad was a logger from about 1943 to the mid 70's... I know how to fell trees on. dime, know some basics, have a pretty good clue on rigging concepts, even worked on a few logging jobs. But none of that comes close to what logging or being a logger is.. Just like I've pulled boards for a few sawyers around here, and milled a few myself... I know shit about the finer details. but I know what to ask and who to ask and how to ask it.

If you want to do 'Mans' work you need to humble up, slow your ass down, do less talking and more listening. I truly wish you the best and have no issue with your age. My pops started working in the woods at 8 years old, it was just after the depression and in the middle of WW2.. His dad beat the living shit out of him, and he was taken in and under the wings of the local loggers along the Columbia river/cascade foot hills because that was the safer less violent option (let that sink in), He then logged Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Washington, and owned a logging cam in SE alaska in the 60s-70's.. He taught me how to work, but we only fell a few trees when I was very young, times changed and it wasn't cost effective to bring the logs to the mill because there weren't mills around the area that could handle the diameter.

Last edited:

rico

I know, people gonna be mad that a 14yo is getting into tree work, I can assure you I wont work on something where damaging buildings, people, power lines, houses etc is possible, only lawn divots

once I get insurance and a little practice tho, we gonna be pullin some august hunickie moves...
You do realize that "a little practice" and some liability insurance does not make a tree-man of August's caliber? Nope. It takes a combination of great mentors/teachers, natural ability, smarts, killer instinct, longevity, years in the saddle, and a little luck to create a climber as solid as Graeme, Jerry, Reg, August, or our own Mr. Chisholm. This is the cream that rose to the top, and for good reason. They are all gifted.

Last edited:

treesap

You do realize that "a little practice" and some liability insurance does not make a tree-man of August's caliber? Nope. It takes a combination of great mentors/teachers, natural ability, smarts, killer instinct, longevity, years in the saddle, and a little luck to create a climber as solid as Graeme, Jerry, Reg, August, or our own Mr. Chisholm. This is the cream that rose to the top, and for good reason. They are all gifted.
I guess text does not transmit sarcasm very well

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom