Spar System?

Crimsonking

With that idea couldn't you find a way to introduce slack between you and the anchor to release pressure from the stem to allow the system to fall down to you. Like a adjustable bridge or even unclipping system and pointing upwards anchor ?
Yes, that should be possible, even preferable. Pulling the bight all the way out would be necessary if there are stubs or unions that would impede a loop from falling, or if the friction doesn’t break.

Kris Fugate

I second Steve. Easiest way to work a spar IMO. I mainly do removals DdRT unless I tie into an adjacent tree so I switch to SRT once before I start working to the spar. My SOP lately has been using my zig zag the entire time and just clipping in the rope wrench and an extra biner when ready to do spar work. Been working great.

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer
I almost always use a similar setup, but I leave several feet of tail. I don't have to set up the retrieval every move. Usually just a tug.

When you need a longer retrieval, tie or clip to the splice a carabinier at the end and clip the fall of your line. The function is the same, but the steps are reduced over a working day and minutes are saved.

The quickie excels at this anchor type. It's right in your face where you can set it quickly and you don't do a bunch of loading and unloading and generating dynamic forces.
A delta or similar would also be great...
There is really no good reason to shun hardware in this application.

goodaking

This is what I’ve been using . Retrievable anchor for spar work and retrievable redirect for canopy work. Don’t run the bight down to your destination on spar work as it has potential for slipping down or pinching the stem. Do far running the bight on the retrievable redirect works. Here are some options that work

Attachments

• C7B730D6-2732-4CAE-8CFE-B59DFAABFDC5.jpeg
    C7B730D6-2732-4CAE-8CFE-B59DFAABFDC5.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 101
  • 8010B180-8295-4E9C-AA64-D1FAB24E63A3.jpeg
    8010B180-8295-4E9C-AA64-D1FAB24E63A3.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 108
  • 0508F907-2C50-4092-93CF-65ACB71A5518.jpeg
    0508F907-2C50-4092-93CF-65ACB71A5518.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 104

goodaking

This is what I’ve been using . Retrievable anchor for spar work and retrievable redirect for canopy work. Don’t run the bight down to your destination on spar work as it has potential for slipping down or pinching the stem. Do far running the bight on the retrievable redirect works. Here are some options that work

The last picture is what you should not do on the spar work. But as a retrievable redirect so far no slipping if you are anchored above

XTREEC

As others have said. Choked with a Quickie. Very simple and secure. I used to use a biner but trust the security of the Quickie more.

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer

Sfoppema

Anything other than a super squiggly spar just straight up lanyard down. I didn't do that when I started and Ive regretted it. Guys I train I make them do it out of the gate cause once you are comfortable with it you'll be faster and more comfortable. Scary for a beginner, but it's just the right way in my opinion.....

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom