Rope Runner

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Thats a MCRS my little Barbadian friend. The most comfy, kickass harness I have ever flown, and yes I like it even more than my beloved TreeMo Light.
I know what it is. Never put you to one. Thought you had one and sold it....meow

NorCalBrock

But spent a shitload getting here.....will not even go into detail. Took loads of losses. Climbing pants are next....took a hit on scarpas the other day....back to clip n steps.....lol
What didn't you like about Scarpas? I have narrow feet though. They are my go to...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Grafted_In

Little update on the Marlow Vega. After milking the wholly bejeezus out of this stuff it has finally settled in and stiffened up. Whats left is an absolutely wonderful climbing line. No bounce. Super responsive. Great hand and knotability. Amazing with the Runner, Wrench, HH2, HC, and slack effortlessly falls through the CT footie and the MiniMax. Just be aware when ordering that you are gonna give up a few feet of rope to milking. If you want a 150-200 hank I suggest ordering 10 ft extra.
The length should stay the same as long as you don't cut any of the core off.

dsptech

The 4SRT beak is made out of metal and feels great, but it is grossly overpriced.
What holds that thing on?
Is it just the slick pin or does in snap onto one side and stays in place or is another component that you have to remove to get your rope in?
There aren't any good pics online or instructions and I can't wrap my head around it.

rico

Is it just the slick pin or does in snap onto one side and stays in place or is another component that you have to remove to get your rope in?
There aren't any good pics online or instructions and I can't wrap my head around it.
slick pin holds it in place.

jeremyr80

hope this is enough pictures for you try to post a video but would not let me. I like it a lot makes big difference to me just pop the slic pin out one tooth and side it over and u can get rope on then slide it back and lock slic pin. If you’re handy you could probably make one but by the time you get it to fit as good as this one you could’ve just bought it even thought they are ridiculously overpriced I’m waiting for someone to make a tender tab that bends and pulls from middle of the runner so it go’s up the rope Evenly not rubbing on one side of the runner

Attachments

dsptech

hope this is enough pictures for you try to post a video but would not let me. I like it a lot makes big difference to me just pop the slic pin out one tooth and side it over and u can get rope on then slide it back and lock slic pin. If you’re handy you could probably make one but by the time you get it to fit as good as this one you could’ve just bought it even thought they are ridiculously overpriced I’m waiting for someone to make a tender tab that bends and pulls from middle of the runner so it go’s up the rope Evenly not rubbing on one side of the runner
Awesome!
Thank you.

John@TreeXP

For RR tending, I imagine someone making a plastic quickie for use with a slic pin, lighter than the cast or milled version but sturdy enough to provide a more balanced tending function.

jeremyr80

For RR tending, I imagine someone making a plastic quickie for use with a slic pin, lighter than the cast or milled version but sturdy enough to provide a more balanced tending function.
And they need to make the pin longer I tried to make my own but the pin is to short now can’t have both teeth engaged the older ones I think the pins were little longer cuz I’ve seen pic with 2 of the Tending plates one on each side and a piece of string across but mine I can’t fit two plates on it?

I wish I can find the Company that they use to make the pins and order some the size I want. I have found places to order them online but they only have 1 tooth like the pin on the rope “wrench” but not the 2 teeth like the pins on the runner or Quickies

maybe someone like Richard m or Kevin b might know and feel like share if the info

Last edited:

TimBr

Official Well Known Greeter
Hey, @jeremyr80! I'm not certain, but I think the problem with trying to order from the folks who make the SLIC pins is that they are basically a business to business operation, and in order to get them to make something in a custom fashion you'd have to order in some kind of relatively huge quantity, lets say 5,000 or so. It would be prohibitively expensive for an individual climber to make this happen.
It is the kind of thing some entity like an arb equipment supplier would have to believe in and think that they could recover all of their money plus profits. They'd have to believe that there is a huge demand for such a thing, I think, before they would be willing to front the money to have something like that made. It is unlikely, in my opinion, unfortunately. It's a nice idea, though.

Tim

TimBr

Official Well Known Greeter
@jeremyr80; I did a Bing search for "slic pin manufacturer", and came up with these links, as well as others. They provide a page that allows you to create an order for your own custom SLIC pins. I did not try using the order process yet to see how many they actually require you to buy. I just wanted to post the links, so you can see what the deal is. Thanks.

Tim

Last edited:

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom