rope runner pro

Njdelaney

What do you mean by that?
I'm assuming that means that pretty soon, they will be out of stock and when that happens if you place an order you will be waiting 5-6 weeks. This reminds me of people trying to get special Beanie Babies or American Girl Dolls. There is an episode of The World According to Jeff Goldblum about the athletic shoe craze and people who pay thousands for basketball shoes, etc. The science of it is that the excitement or high emotions of pursuing something and acquiring it almost always outweigh the feelings that the thing itself provides the owner. This has been an interesting sociological experiment in seeing otherwise rational people get wound up. Perhaps that is what @bonner1040 has been up to all along, or maybe @treebing is the mad scientist behind the curtain!

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer
Its different, the internal taper on the RRPro's slot depresses a slick pin plunger so you can back the pin out halfway to get the rope in. RRPro pins have 2 plungers, wrench pins have 1, there's more internal nose on the RRPro pins.
It looks smoother. The wrench one also depresses the pin. You just twist it.

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
I'm assuming that means that pretty soon, they will be out of stock and when that happens if you place an order you will be waiting 5-6 weeks. This reminds me of people trying to get special Beanie Babies or American Girl Dolls. There is an episode of The World According to Jeff Goldblum about the athletic shoe craze and people who pay thousands for basketball shoes, etc. The science of it is that the excitement or high emotions of pursuing something and acquiring it almost always outweigh the feelings that the thing itself provides the owner. This has been an interesting sociological experiment in seeing otherwise rational people get wound up. Perhaps that is what @bonner1040 has been up to all along, or maybe @treebing is the mad scientist behind the curtain!
Reading this is exactly why I do not get excited sbout the latest gear. Time will pass and arb supplys will have a surplus and I can pick one up easily.

Njdelaney

To be fair, I AM excited about getting one. I just made a decision to wait because the idea of something that should make us all happy creating stress and conflict solely because of the timeline of acquiring it just doesn't make sense. Now if I can't get one in October, THEN I'll get tweaked out!

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
To be fair, I AM excited about getting one. I just made a decision to wait because the idea of something that should make us all happy creating stress and conflict solely because of the timeline of acquiring it just doesn't make sense. Now if I can't get one in October, THEN I'll get tweaked out!
This has been my thinking for purchases over the last 4 years. I am always disappointed with impulse buys. I used my dirty thirty runner today and had fun..... it worked flawless as usual. The sharp edges never bothered me. Midline never bothered me I thread it from the tail. I have it on rope quick. And removing it in the tree. Never. It tends flawless from the side point. New one looks lovely but do I need to spend $350when covid is still around and my island thrives on tourism. Hell no.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom