Root Failure When The Ground is Saturated with Rain

TimBr

Official Well Known Greeter
Hey, that man is a national treasure!

And so was this man:

“Don't neglect life by worrying about Death. - I don't know what is the meaning of death, but I am not afraid to die - and I go on, non-stop, going forward [with life]. Even though, I, Bruce Lee, may die some day without fulfilling all of my ambitions, I will have no regrets. I did what I wanted to do and what I've done, I've done with sincerity and to the best of my ability. You can't expect much more from life.”

-Bruce Lee
Great quote, thanks for posting this. I’ve never seen it before today. Bruce came across as a thoughtful, grounded guy with this statement.

DSW

The type of winds strong enough to uproot a tree typically, a climber wouldn't be working anyway. As far as the ground being saturated, I just don't see how a climber putting 200ish pounds mostly downward on a tree would have that much of an effect.

Everyone has to make their own call. Always be in a clear frame of mind.

That said; that looks like a pretty normal tree. I'd be grumbling over having to shimmy out on that lower lateral long before I'd worry about it uprooting.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo
Top Bottom