Really interested in the Hitchhiker X

Brocky

I would label it a 5-2 VT, the legs are longer than most tie it, creating two crossed turns/braids.
If it has one braid, then the French/Italian Prusik, of if familiar with the HH, as stated, Hitch Hiker’s.

Phil

You don't need to remove the shackle completely to get your rope out. If you rotate the slic pin in the slot the outer plunger will pop up before it pulls through the shackle and this prevents the shackle from coming off. This allows you to get your rope out and still keep the shackle in place. Here's a couple pictures, if you look close you can see the specific position I'm talking about and this should solve your problem.
Maybe I'm understanding the situation incorrectly but I think the plan was to remove the HHX from the bridge to pass the whole unit over a union for a redirect. It wasn't about removing the rope from the device, but the device from the harness. I don't have an HHX but looking at it, I would assume the slick pine needs to be removed so the shackle body can come off a bridge or ring or whatever its attached to. Also looks the shackle body could stay on the bridge while the HHX main body is passed over the union. That would still leave the shackle at risk of falling if it rotates on whatever its attached to.

Njdelaney

Maybe I'm understanding the situation incorrectly but I think the plan was to remove the HHX from the bridge to pass the whole unit over a union for a redirect. It wasn't about removing the rope from the device, but the device from the harness. I don't have an HHX but looking at it, I would assume the slick pine needs to be removed so the shackle body can come off a bridge or ring or whatever its attached to. Also looks the shackle body could stay on the bridge while the HHX main body is passed over the union. That would still leave the shackle at risk of falling if it rotates on whatever its attached to.
If you want to remove it from the bridge, rather than removing the rope from the device then that RE SwivaEye is the ticket. Just unclip the whole thing and nothing falls

dogwood

I
I am really intrigued/interested in the Hitchhiker X. I have been reading up on it and checking out the videos on YouTube from Climbing Innovations. It looks like they are sold out on the Climbing Innovations website. Does anybody have one? Know where to get it? Have any feedback?
I Started SRT on the HH some years ago, and I have to say that the HHx from Climbing Innovations is my favorite, my go to climbing device. I have two, one lives on my harness, the second one frequently finds use on the tail of my climbing line or on the pull down leg. The HH is a brilliant design in my opinion, and the HHx is a significant improvement on the original. When the time is right it would be great to see the HHx come back into production.

dogwood

If you want to remove it from the bridge, rather than removing the rope from the device then that RE SwivaEye is the ticket. Just unclip the whole thing and nothing falls.

The shackle on the bridge ring is attached with a keeper so it won't fall off. Also the slick pin has a tether so it won't fall. When you're lanyarded in, you detach the HHx from the Quickie, but the device is still hitched to the line. You can then toss it over the next crotch, re attach, and keep going. As far as lanyarding in, you can have a second HHX on the tail. You can even put it on the pull down leg of your canopy anchor. Check out Yoyoman's videos for more.

Brando CalPankian

I am really intrigued/interested in the Hitchhiker X. I have been reading up on it and checking out the videos on YouTube from Climbing Innovations. It looks like they are sold out on the Climbing Innovations website. Does anybody have one? Know where to get it? Have any feedback?
Get one. You'll be glad you did. I love mine

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom