New climber. Climbing leaning oak?

Rdsjake

Tree down. Should have done a bigger face cut but it was leaning that way. What a blast. Thanks for all the help and suggestions. One more tree to go.
20201125_155317.jpg
20201125_155329.jpg
20201125_155336.jpg
20201125_171146.jpg
20201125_171115.jpg
20201125_164306.jpg

Rdsjake

Looks good. Congratulations! Now would you want to do it 6 days a week?
Thank you. I doubt I would ever want to do it for a living. If you guys working hourly are getting anything less than 30-40 bucks an hour yall are underpaid, this is not some 22 an hour job. I can see why these two trees were going to cost 2000+ to be removed from the couple bids I got. I've spent less in equipment so far to do it myself.

Reach

Rates all vary, around here an average company climber is probably $18-25, a rockstar might see $30 or so. Contractors mostly bill $400-500 per day.

owScott

Thank you. I doubt I would ever want to do it for a living. If you guys working hourly are getting anything less than 30-40 bucks an hour yall are underpaid, this is not some 22 an hour job. I can see why these two trees were going to cost 2000+ to be removed from the couple bids I got. I've spent less in equipment so far to do it myself.

Rdsjake

If I were to do this myself for a living I'm billing 100+an hour while I'm in the saddle. My liability, my equipment etc. I could easily seeing billing over 1k a day. If I were to work for someone I wouldn't take less than 30 if my ass is up in a tree. I come from a house painting industry and those guys are clearing a thousand bucks a day, and good laborers that can handle a paint sprayer are making 20-25. And that's with a lot less risk. This is in California though. Things typically are a little more expensive.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom