mini skid choice/tx1000W?

OasisTree

I will also add that although the tx1000 has better visibility to the attachments that the ditch witches, due to the extra pivot points in there vertical lift arms the Toro doesnt have as fast of recovery if you are working slopes and your load shifts and you need to drop your load for any reason. We tipped our Toro over twice for that reason.

Also the Ditch witches have the option of joystick controls or twin lever, and the joystick is electric over hydraulic. So if you want a true comparison get the twin lever.

philztoy

Yeah the lack of used machines and even shortage of new machines does tell a story for sure.

I definetely have hills! And I plan on using the hydraulics. So maybe the 1050 is the way to go? Nice compact size too.

Thanks for the advice. It is much appreciated!

VenasNursery

There is a reason there is not very many used ditch witches.

And you are comparing 2 different size machines when you compare the Tx 1000 with the 1050. If you are wanting an accurate comparrison compare the tx 1000 with the SK800. Adding a weight kit to the 800 will give you more capacity than the Toro, with a better track design.

The Ditch Witch sk800 is a nice machine, and you can get a new one for under 30K.

If you are set on a used one contact your dealer, they trade for them and that is your best option. But you wont be sorry if you buy new of either size, we have the 1050 and are demoing the 1550. If you are doing many removals the 1550 is probably the better option. I started with the 800 with a weight kit, but they simply don,t have the hydraulic flow that the 1050 has. If you are working hills that really makes a difference.
1550 is a BEAST!!!

philztoy

The twin levers are demonstrateably more precise, due to the delay of electric over hydraulic on the joystick.

I need precise. I can mess up a lot of things quickly sometimes. I like the fact I can drop the load quicker too. Hopefully I won't need that, but it happens!

egmiii

For the SK1550 owners, what do you think of the overall length of the machine? Coming from a full size skid steer, I'm used to sitting closer to the attachment with good visibility to the front. When I stood on the SK1550, I felt like the bucket was a mile away. Is this just something you get used to over time? Interested to hear others experience/opinions.

VenasNursery

For the SK1550 owners, what do you think of the overall length of the machine? Coming from a full size skid steer, I'm used to sitting closer to the attachment with good visibility to the front. When I stood on the SK1550, I felt like the bucket was a mile away. Is this just something you get used to over time? Interested to hear others experience/opinions.
The 1550 is definitely bigger longer heavier no doubt
We have a 650 tx also and there are a few jobs we bring that but only when we have too
The big problem we have is that our trailer is 20’ deck and we haul our 650 tx and sc852 together
The 1550 and stumper won’t fit (Ditchwitch is too long)

MA Arborist

I’m getting a ditch witch at some point this winter.i know that they have the 24 diesel but
Are they available with a gas engine option yet?

burtonbc1400

Yeah the lack of used machines and even shortage of new machines does tell a story for sure.

I definetely have hills! And I plan on using the hydraulics. So maybe the 1050 is the way to go? Nice compact size too.

Thanks for the advice. It is much appreciated!
Is the 1050 available to come in narrow tracks to fit within 36"?

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom