Looking for a new climbing harness - 75% spur removals on doug firs, but also SRT, etc

Jehinten

Personal choice but I trust a knotted rope bridge more than I did Petzl's loosely sewn eye bridges. I changed the bridge to a hand tied bridge on my sequoia before getting the monkey beaver.

Now that I've had a couple of climbs on this harness, I'm really liking it and find that it fits me better than the sequoia with easy adjustments. If I have one complaint, it is that I think the accessory Dees should be a different color than the side/life support Dees. I had a brief moment on my first climb when in an awkward position that I almost clipped into an accessory.

RopeShield

knot it is held fast/r as I have suggested.
Knot straight through the plate can slip out creating a dead end but still knotted.
Potential to clip into a knotted yet dead-end is greater.
Edelrid, Skylotec are aware of this and have provided solutions.
Many other manufacturers are a fail.

Tom Lynch

knot it is held fast/r as I have suggested.
Knot straight through the plate can slip out creating a dead end but still knotted.
Potential to clip into a knotted yet dead-end is greater.
Edelrid, Skylotec are aware of this and have provided solutions
Many other manufacturers are a fail.
I'd love to understand where you are coming from? Has anyone ever clipped into the tail of their bridge, outside the connection paws? I'd think I'd be more likely to do that with the tails pointed back between, overlapping the bridge. Even then it be a strange thing, I pull away when I clip in a bridge or hip D (as well as visually confirm) to feel the connection is positive. A slight pull on 6" rope only attached on one end, would slip off immediately.

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
I just read some pure unadulterated shite from rope shield. Thomas has lost his marbles. 10 years on a TM rope bridge and he is suggesting it is unsafe.

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Report on the Treemo Evo bruv... I have been salivating over the Evo and need a very good reason not to purchase one.....
I really like it. Took me awhile. I run it as a single bridge but when I change the bridges out I will try it as 2. The buckles were difficult at first but now they are simple on and off. @treebing Can chime in. The fit is great for my shape. As usual. I love it.

NeSurfcaster

(Quote)
Now that I've had a couple of climbs on this harness, I'm really liking it and find that it fits me better than the sequoia with easy adjustments. If I have one complaint, it is that I think the accessory Dees should be a different color than the side/life support Dees. I had a brief moment on my first climb when in an awkward position that I almost clipped into an accessory.
[/QUOTE]

One day/evening at the end of the job the client wanted one more limb removed. I very tough limb to remove which involved multiple redirects for me and rigging. I run a long 2nd lanyard which was used as a redirect. Anyways that 2nd lanyard accidentally got attached to one of the accessory side D's. I looked down at one point and noticed it, thankfully I never really put much weight on it on that limb walk. I would also like larger hip/lanyard D's as well as different color like silver. Otherwise I love the Monkey Beaver and it has made me a more productive climber

RopeShield

@swingdude and @DSMc You know what you know! But if you actually paid attention to what is happening around the world... People who care for other people with smart solutions to problems you have yet to understand. Closer look if you please.
Parts of the world showing a greater concern for their sons and daughters.
Do what you wish. Give it some more thought before you start insulting.

RopeShield

Can it happen?
Has it happened?
Circumstances?
Avoidable?
There are people who get paid to think comprehensively about the tools we use so that those who miscalculate are not injured or die.
People fall off the end of their rope.
This is no different.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom