Klimair?

Shawn

No, you gotta get some blue bandit bands. I just cut up big shot bands when they snap, work great as constrictors on biners, rope, you name it. And makes a great recucling use for a broken band.

FlashTreetop1

Boogie i dont think it would work on a wire core at all but I really like my Trango cinch lanyard. Mine is 15' of beeline and a trango. I also put about a 3' cover of velocity over the beeline 4 abrasion resistance. Easy adjustments, one handed at that. One of the best pieces of gear I have ever bought.

D.W.H
beer.gif

[ QUOTE ]
No, you gotta get some blue bandit bands. I just cut up big shot bands when they snap, work great as constrictors on biners, rope, you name it. And makes a great recycling use for a broken band.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, Shawn. Bandit bands have lots of uses, but not so much on certain things, like metal-to-metal where things need to pivot and they need some 'freedom' without being able to flip around.

If you look at this Klimair image, imagine a thick rubber sleeve around the connection area. Then imagine it not interfering with the swivel or the caribiner gate.

220475-Klimair2.jpg

The same thing is even more apparent on this flipline with an ISC rocker. The regular commercial bandit bands, plastic wire traps, stainless steel wire traps and leather traps wouldn't work on this piece, so as hokey and hand-fashioned as a wire might seem, it occasionally will be the better or only choice.

220475-rocker.jpg

Attachments

• 220475-rocker.jpg
    220475-rocker.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 45

Boogie

Well shawn it came in the mail yesterday and got to use it this morning on some dead ash spars...I love it so far! Works good on a steel core flip line, just like I thought and doesnt slip! Still thinking of getting rid of my 2-1 lanyards though, I hate stepping in the loop while climbing. Tryed to secure the slack behind me, but still gets in the way from time to time. Thanks for the item shawn... and its in pretty darn good shape too!

beau

Ive used mine for 2 years and the wire has broke but it still work just as good as it ever did but i only use it when spiking big removals. But ive been lucky so far this year and have been doing more crane jobs than anything and i love our little crane... everyone is starting to call me spoiled but it is good

Boogie

Well after a busy week of pretty hard use...I still like it! I find it pretty easy to adjust with just my thumb, but still have to use both hands to shorten it like anything else...did have one problem. I tucked the tail of my lanyard threw the biner on my hip to try to keep it away from my spikes and it flipped backwards and didnt bite for a two second butt pucking period! But im still sold on it and going to continue to use it! Thanks again shawn!

Blinky

I don't mean anything personal Boogie but if your hip prusik is slipping, something's wrong with how it's configured. I know a lot of guys using prusik adjusters and none of us like slipping either.

Will the Klimair adjust under tension?

Mparko93

Well after a busy week of pretty hard use...I still like it! I find it pretty easy to adjust with just my thumb, but still have to use both hands to shorten it like anything else...did have one problem. I tucked the tail of my lanyard threw the biner on my hip to try to keep it away from my spikes and it flipped backwards and didnt bite for a two second butt pucking period! But im still sold on it and going to continue to use it! Thanks again shawn!
I'm thinking of getting one to have a wire core lanyard set up as double ended double adjust with maybe another rope grab going the other way or a steel core prussic

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom