I love my Tree Mek but....

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Soo true, the fact that nobody has to have any physical risk is the biggest benefit. They are faster, they are cleaner, they require less support equipment, they improve your image, but MOST importantly, there is NO risk of injury.
Just curious. What is the biggest saw on a mek to date. There is no way they could take whole trees with picks here. Once they meet wood they are done.

southsoundtree

Not sure I understand your question fully? Below is a pic of the tree "before" the cut. When using a tree mek on a tree with 3 leads cabled together that is the way you do the removal without putting anybody in or under a dead tree. View attachment 61006
I deleted, as I realized what had been done.
You quoted before I deleted.

I read what you were doing with cables, in the tree, not roped pieces as what first came to mind.

CanaryBoss

Just curious. What is the biggest saw on a mek to date. There is no way they could take whole trees with picks here. Once they meet wood they are done.
Just like a crane when you get to the big stuff, BUT, you can still cut it with the grapple if you want. I cut the piece in my grapple in the photos

Attachments

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Well that will be on a pause down here....many times an 880 with 4ft bar is in the tree. Most as the crown removed a 661 with 28" then 36". An example was working an PK88 palfinger till this pick. Was right next to the tree. Operator had it rigged and then said no. In came PK150. We pushed it over with an escavator on site and he picked it up and hauled it off to be milled. Mahogany is heavy ass shit.
2019-07-14 21.03.24.png

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Treemek not helping me with wood picks I do not think. Could post more but no need to beat it to boredom. Just common treework nothing exciting.

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
I’ve been to Barbados. Climbed this tree while I was there. Didn’t notice other trees were that big. Really surprising to me. Cool stuff man. Glad to see y’all are using knucklebooms.
Big trees are all over the place you just have to know where and do a lot of driving. Most just stay in a resort. But some resorts have huge mahogany and pride of india. Some have large casaurinas. You were on a cruise I bet.

CanaryBoss

Big trees are all over the place you just have to know where and do a lot of driving. Most just stay in a resort. But some resorts have huge mahogany and pride of india. Some have large casaurinas. You were on a cruise I bet.
Correct. I guess I was more concerned about flying a jet pack and spearfishing than anything. Beautiful island. Lovely place. I would go back anytime

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Correct. I guess I was more concerned about flying a jet pack and spearfishing than anything. Beautiful island. Lovely place. I would go back anytime
Yes one little drive in the wrong direction can yeild poor yeilds for seeing big trees. Come spend a week I can touch the surface with a climb or 2.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom