Found this dude spiking my trees today..

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
Administrator
I'm just not even sure you could do something worse to a tree guy/gal then to tresspass and beat their trees up. Hard to think of worse than that as far as property goes. And in 2020 we still talk about this type of work? In NJ! Tree care has been around and prominent since before I started climbing when I was 12! I'm old now. I wasn't allowed to spike trees on a person's property since then. It really amazes me. And to think my neighbors (both veterinarians) don't know that the work done to their trees was scientifically poor?

TreeCo

Reminds me of the discussion I had with the power line trimmers telling me they were going to cut back my dogwoods and crepe myrtle trees under the power lines. After the initial discussing with the guys in the trucks they left. An 'arborist' from the power company came out and mention that he had taken the CA test and hopes to pass it next time. Interesting enough no one touched my 'suggested' trees and I got new poles that are much taller than the old ones that were here. Don't get me wrong, I do respect the line clearance guys. I just don't want them on my ornamentals!

Mark it is good to hear that you somewhat kept your cool.

Tom would likely have blown a gasket and made the newspapers. (speaking of old!)

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
I'm just not even sure you could do something worse to a tree guy/gal then to tresspass and beat their trees up. Hard to think of worse than that as far as property goes. And in 2020 we still talk about this type of work? In NJ! Tree care has been around and prominent since before I started climbing when I was 12! I'm old now. I wasn't allowed to spike trees on a person's property since then. It really amazes me. And to think my neighbors (both veterinarians) don't know that the work done to their trees was scientifically poor?
Love ya Mark. You are a true gent. I would have blown a gasket like Tom. They did a cardinal sin to a master arb like you. I hope you will school your vet neighbors to avoid a recurrence.

Greg_L

What I don't understand is why they didn't just ask you if you'd do it...forget trying to save money, if they know you do it and the trees reside mostly on your property, would it kill them to just ask you to make a few cuts? If my neighbors asked me to make a few changes to my trees on their side, I'd happily do it for free to keep someone else from touching them.

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
Administrator
What I don't understand is why they didn't just ask you if you'd do it...forget trying to save money, if they know you do it and the trees reside mostly on your property, would it kill them to just ask you to make a few cuts? If my neighbors asked me to make a few changes to my trees on their side, I'd happily do it for free to keep someone else from touching them.
Would've solved the issue quickly

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom