Firewood Business

DOOLEY

Thanks for your advice.I think it will work ok. not trying to set any records just keep everyone working.

airbornetrimmer

the one way to make any money at it is not to pay by the hour,you will only get a pickup or 2 split per day. pay by the face rick or cord split. then you will get a dumptruck split every day. now, with the 100,000 splitter to pay off and run, id figure you need a tractor trailer or railcar to fill every day.remember supply and demand. your operation will double or triple the wood for sale in the area, unless you ship it out, it may get real cheap in the town or county your in if you flood the market.

DOOLEY

No oak here. Firewood sells for $225.00 per cord. Bought a Multitek 2040 today will be here in 1 week coming from PA.I don't think I will flood the market I won't be cheaper than the top end guys. I just will do a better job every time offer more to the customer such as custom cutting and earn a large part of the market share'. We Have about 350 cord of wood in the shop yard now to process.Not the first time I have added a new service. I know it will take time that's ok. I can wait

TreeDr

350 CORDS of wood. Sound like your sitting on a goldmine.....350x200..or so =$70,000+. Keep going

DOOLEY

[ QUOTE ]
I thought you were getting a Timberwolf, what made you change??

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the timber wolf is just to small for what we want to do .I also will sell 1/3 cord bags and 1/2 cord bags.With a deposit on the bags . Bought a twister firwood wrapper as well so I can sell to stores.My equipment will be here tuesday

DavidT

I like the idea of paying by the split cord. If a cord goes for $200, what would be a fair amount to pay?

BCMA

We just ground 50 cord and sent it to the co-generation plant. Got paid $10.00 and ton. With brush and chips...sent 400 tons.

DOOLEY

[ QUOTE ]
I like the idea of paying by the split cord. If a cord goes for $200, what would be a fair amount to pay?

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont understand your ????

DOOLEY

took pics today--will get soon--- 2040 muiltek will do a cord every 12 minn -so far so good.

cory

[ QUOTE ]
Got the equipment on tuesday. Cut,split, and deliverd 18 cord today.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's some sick production!

What about seasoning??

cory

That seems also awesome using brand new equipment for that production; apparently it is fairly easy to learn to use and to be quickly productive with it. Nice!

Is mud etc a problem re the sawing/staying sharp??
Is there any mechanism in the machine to clean the log of mud etc at the spot the saw is going to cut it??