Pelorus

Winder is prime and prime example of people being sheep.
Sheep? "how dare you!"
I got fed up with an expensive cube (Faltheimer thingy) that tangled up my throw line one time too many. Sold it with no regret.
The throw line winder and my hooker are two tools that I'm rather fond of, thank you very much. 20191204_091016.jpg
(Telescoping hooker with companion)

Last edited:

cerviarborist

Very stable member
Maybe...but Mark and I have agreed to keep a light hand on the EDIT/DELETE buttons.
I just wonder whether it's fair to let someone passing through the site see a pearl clutching headline like that, and assume that it's legit. And a light hand is not the same as no hand.

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
@Serenitree

Are you still listening?

The BMS Belay Spool is available. Not expensive either. Compare the specs between the two devices. Would you hold Ford responsible for loading an F150 with an F350-esque load?

There isn't a conspiracy behind everything. Your thread title is inflammatory and misleading. From what I've gathered from this thread and off-line communication the AFB is off the market for two reasons...damage from overloading, hardly the fault of Treestuff/Notch...and low sales.

Have you gotten more information from Wesspur?

InTheTree

I made one tough enough to throw out of a tree.
Winder is prime and prime example of people being sheep.
Throw bags, cubes etc not the best tool just the opposite:estudioso:
Remember my honest opinion
RopeShield lets see a picture of it. Is it made from steel?

RopeShield

@Serenitree

Are you still listening?

The BMS Belay Spool is available. Not expensive either. Compare the specs between the two devices. Would you hold Ford responsible for loading an F150 with an F350-esque load?

There isn't a conspiracy behind everything. Your thread title is inflammatory and misleading. From what I've gathered from this thread and off-line communication the AFB is off the market for two reasons...damage from overloading, hardly the fault of Treestuff/Notch...and low sales.

Have you gotten more information from Wesspur?
@Tom Dunlap reminds one of a time when someone was confusing dangerous tool with dangerous practice. :estudioso:
AFB failing whether due to over loading or cycles to failure or other types of misuse is just yet another example of the dishonest nature of Sherrillstuff.
Favouring of TreeBuzz sponsors at the expense of TreeBuzz members is one of the main reasons why my contributions has waned.
Breaking or not, TreeStuff is dishonest/with holding the truth.
Environmentally, socially etc nothing but crap.

evo

@Tom Dunlap reminds one of a time when someone was confusing dangerous tool with dangerous practice. :estudioso:
AFB failing whether due to over loading or cycles to failure or other types of misuse is just yet another example of the dishonest nature of Sherrillstuff.
Favouring of TreeBuzz sponsors at the expense of TreeBuzz members is one of the main reasons why my contributions has waned.
Breaking or not, TreeStuff is dishonest/with holding the truth.
Environmentally, socially etc nothing but crap.
Dude that is a serious disillusion of reality. It was very obvious that you weren’t sharing a creation or invention but you were using this platform for free advertising.

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
@RopeShield "reminds one of a time when someone was confusing dangerous tool with dangerous practice"

Please refresh my memory.

where is the dishonesty?

There are plenty of examples of how Treebuzz has supported and criticized. Sponsors and unpaid inventors alike have ge attention. What's your point?

RopeShield

More bull shit!
Disillusion of reality. Really? Countless hours educating others, money paid and money donated time donated to this sight, members and sponsors.

Just a reminder, not here to expound.

Pelorus

Back to the AFB, (R.I P.; I never knew ye),
can one reasonably assume that the MBS : WLL ratio was mebbe inexplicably and unacceptably low?
For youse that have one, is it like 10:1 or 5:1 or what?
I think any rigging product we use should have a safety margin that shrugs off occasional overloading without serious deformation.

edit: there is a lot of good that can be said about a high quality tree hooker.

RopeShield

RopeShield lets see a picture of it. Is it made from steel?
No not steel. ss steel, uhmwpe, aluminium. Design is very similar to the original. Just heavy duty and improved in multiple ways.
I have two others that are modified electric cord reels. That is the way to go if you are looking for cheap and cheerful.

RopeShield

We have been through this before Tom.
We corresponded privately and you recieved a lengthy, factual and truthful reponse to the admins concerns. Don't pretend this is new:tanguero:

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom