The Hoeflon C10

oceans

Been here a while
Can you switch the display to read pounds instead of kilograms?
Not that I know, but perhaps the manufacturer could? I used to want that myself, but I find it to be easy math, and in the favor of safety of you simply multiply by 2.

So, if the display says my capacity is 400 (kg), I can pick 800 lbs. though it’s really good for 881 lbs.

Treetopflyer

Been here a while
Please enjoy. While making this post was relatively easy, it’s been difficult to make time to sort and organize all the photos I have of this machine in use. Thanks for your patience, as I’ve been promising to make this thread for a while.

So far, it’s been mostly trouble free for a full year. If anyone wants to rap about it, I’ll be spending some time with the UPEquip booth at TCIA Expo in Indianapolis. My brother will be there as well…the big hair show in the Lift. I’ll have my iPad equipped with a full album of photos and cool videos.

Cheers, everyone!
See you there brosef

stheis004

Participating member
Sorry for not doing any research on my end but are there options to get hydraulics to tips and use these with a grapple?

SumoClimber

Sorry for not doing any research on my end but are there options to get hydraulics to tips and use these with a grapple?
I'm no authority on the subject, but I haven't seen it as an offered option from Hoeflon. If you're looking for a spider crane with grapple capability, I'd suggest checking into the Effer crawler models.

oceans

Been here a while
It’s possible to set up a very small grapple using radio controlled diver tees to alter the last main remote levers from jib up/down telescope/retract to grapple rotateL/R and grapple open/close.

You couldn’t run a grapplesaw unless you removed the jib and figured out how to trick the crane into thinking it was still connected. A hydraulics wizard could probably work this out. Otherwise, you could buy one of these:

SumoClimber

It’s possible to set up a very small grapple using radio controlled diver tees to alter the last main remote levers from jib up/down telescope/retract to grapple rotateL/R and grapple open/close.

You couldn’t run a grapplesaw unless you removed the jib and figured out how to trick the crane into thinking it was still connected. A hydraulics wizard could probably work this out. Otherwise, you could buy one of these:

Dang it oceans, why you gotta go posting things I want/need? :)

Been drooling over a spider crane of some sort for a while now, and that clamp might just be the tipping point. One of the side jobs I have is helping with setting frames for steel buildings with a telehandler. They've offered to go halfsies on a tele with me so I can pocket the rental fees(I know, maint, etc) rather than calling up Sunbelt, but I've resisted because a tele just doesn't fit the rest of what I do. Spidey's are a bit more $$ than a tele, but I see so many more potential uses for one.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom