Saluting branches 2019

oldoakman

I got the e-mail, just joking around. I usually get to my shop around 7:45, today I will have to get there by 6:15. It is currently 55° with a projected high of 75°.
Yeah, I spent the last 2 weeks in August in Centre county which is home. came back to GA and it hasn't been under 90 since. Yesterday my truck thermometer was reading 102 most of the afternoon but bumped to 104 briefly. fortunately the humidity was only 26%. Have fun and be safe today.

Last edited:

39Buick

I got the e-mail, just joking around. I usually get to my shop around 7:45, today I will have to get there by 6:15. It is currently 55° with a projected high of 75°.
I am longing for those temps! Saw a Church bulletin Board sign displaying the current temp here in Alabama at 97!! I am so over this heat!!

Cereal_Killer

No before shots, to busy trying to get going before the days funerals started...

I got assigned leader of 3 first timers to safety prune the group of trees I was hoping for.

Our crew, 3 dudes out of Spring Grove cemetary in Cincy. L->R: Me, Dalton who was my ground guy for the day, Jake (iirc) and their climber Steve.

Ain't pretty but atleast it won't drop a branch on anyone now (exactly what they wanted).

And then I won this

Pretty rope and with the awesome one-off label it's to pretty to use!

Last edited:

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer
Cool! I like the new rope pattern.
I got a cup from the raffle.
We got to hit our 2016 cemetery, and virtually everything that needed to be done was completed. Having a rotation of a few places that each get attention every few years means that they will all be able to stay safe and look maintained indefinitely.

Right now a couple of lost balloons are being removed from a tree at the end of the day.

Attachments

RBJtree

Our cemetery is pretty young and all of the trees were 30 foot or less, so we did a lot of structural pruning. And this little tree (which I didn't finish) was hiding a small white faced hornet nest which I didn't see. They got me in the lip, neck, and ear. I had to bomb out from 8 feet up!
Davey and Bartlett sent crews out and we pruned several dozen trees. I didn't win the rope.
20190918_093555.jpg 20190918_095018.jpg 20190918_095427.jpg

B_Strange

We had a good day at the Phoebus Addition to the Hampton National Cemetery. My dad is a disabled USAF vet and we had the opportunity to see Langley AFB yesterday before work. We worked with some amazing folks from Phillips Tree Care, True Timber, City of Norfolk, ODU, and Adaptable Aerial Solutions. Lots of fun and looking forward to next year!

oldoakman

You southern guys can envy our temps all you want now. In January when it 15° out and I'm trying to prune a pin oak in 20 mph wind gusts, I will envy your temps.
I will take 15* and 20 mph all day long a d twice on Sunday. We have had 90's and up since April. I can always put more clothes on and if I need that many I dont need to go out but I can only take so many off and still be legal. Sorry about the stings but glad you had a good day.

Birdyman88

We had a good turn out at Middle TN Veterans Cemetery. We removed 8 mid size magnolias, 2 mid bradford pear, 2 mid maple, 2 large willow, one small tulip poplar, pruned one large cedar. New trees will be planted for about 80% of the removed.