Food Thread

GregManning

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ramen with Smoked Pork Belly
Rev: 201121 1830

Ramen noodles, wavy style - SunNoodle.com brand (reportedly, among the best in USA ! ! ! )
Ramen “Shoyu” stock base
Smoked Pork Belly – 190°F internal temp. - ¼” thk slice x 1” squares
[or Chashu, if available)
Corn, whole kernel – par cooked (yes, corn is umami . . . . look it up ! )
Mushrooms, Cremini – 1/4” Thk – par cooked
Green onion – ¼ to ½” dice

Next Time:
Try adding a “Ramen egg” - (soft boiled)
Red bell pepper – thin slices
Smoked Pork Belly – internal temp: 160 – 180°F
201121 Ramen w Smoked Pork Belly - Mise en Place - IMG_0522 (002).JPG
201121 Ramen w Smoked Pork Belly  - Done - IMG_0523 (002).JPG

GregManning

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sous vide supreme has sale of 30% off some water ovens; I'm a fan.

You will still need a method to vaccum seal your plastic poach. See my previous posts.

Last edited:

Reach

Sous vide supreme has sale of 30% off some water ovens; I'm a fan.

You will still need a method to vaccum seal you plastic poach. See my previous posts.

Those look good, I would consider that if my oil furnace hadn’t just died on Monday... I’m in a penny pinching mode for a while now, furnaces are getting expensive!

Reach

So yesterday after church I finally convinced myself to start up the old kettle grill and babysit it for four hours to smoke up a rack of ribs and a beef roast. And then finished up with some shrimp and lobster tails on the grill.

The ribs were coated in Meadow Creek Brisket Rub, smoked four hours over Cherry, then brushed on Sticky’s Carolina Sweet barbecue sauce at the end.

Attachments

• 4E9D222B-5D1E-49CA-963F-F8E9A4D51635.jpeg
    4E9D222B-5D1E-49CA-963F-F8E9A4D51635.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
  • 773F76D3-6FD5-41D0-92B3-B9A9FC604099.jpeg
    773F76D3-6FD5-41D0-92B3-B9A9FC604099.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 17
  • 43501DE0-6741-4D9B-811F-9EDFB33F49B4.jpeg
    43501DE0-6741-4D9B-811F-9EDFB33F49B4.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 19

VenasNursery

So yesterday after church I finally convinced myself to start up the old kettle grill and babysit it for four hours to smoke up a rack of ribs and a beef roast. And then finished up with some shrimp and lobster tails on the grill.

The ribs were coated in Meadow Creek Brisket Rub, smoked four hours over Cherry, then brushed on Sticky’s Carolina Sweet barbecue sauce at the end.
Dan’s that looks GREAT

GregManning

Super Moderator
Staff member

That looks REALLY REALLY Good ! ! !

GregManning

Super Moderator
Staff member

Jonny

Similar setup here, got an unheated mud room at the back door and it’s pretty cold. Keeps them out of reach of the dogs. I still get to graze a little bit :)

Usually it’s a big weekend event with her mom, grandmother, and other friends and family but gotta distance this year. Might work out nicely though, I’ll get to try 3 different cuccidatis all made separately instead of the big joint effort lol. These Italian ladies take their baking pretty seriously.

VenasNursery

Well our 6 week vacation has started so

Yesterday on our way to Naples we stopped in Sarasota and
Wife’s plate was Walter’s Oscar plate which was grouper with king crap and asparagus with a lemon garlic sauce
And my plate was grilled red snapper and scallops with a fresh water tail on top of garlic redskin potatoes

stay tuned lol

Attachments

• 20DE719A-04CC-4DAD-B8B8-A5A43355E9DA.jpeg
    20DE719A-04CC-4DAD-B8B8-A5A43355E9DA.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 9
  • 2FA80D85-A9D7-435E-90E5-FD2AE0942D2D.jpeg
    2FA80D85-A9D7-435E-90E5-FD2AE0942D2D.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7

Reach

Well our 6 week vacation has started so

Yesterday on our way to Naples we stopped in Sarasota and
Wife’s plate was Walter’s Oscar plate which was grouper with king crap and asparagus with a lemon garlic sauce
And my plate was grilled red snapper and scallops with a fresh water tail on top of garlic redskin potatoes

stay tuned lol
Wow does that all look good! You sure are starting to make me jealous, or at the very least hungry!

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom