Chipper/Dump Combo Trailer

oceans

Thanks, Tyler. Tongue weight and final balance when full of chip material is a factor to consider. If I could do this again, I'd start with a smaller 6" chipper, and make a bigger box.

I have worked with companies that run boxes instead of a chipper. There's something nice about that, but the truck size required and tipping fees for unprocessed material is the drawback for me in my neck of the woods. This trailer is dialed right in for me.

96coal449

I just read this entire thread. Quite awesome. I've avoided it as I was thinking "Ahh trailer chipper combo I'm not interested in building that, Ive got bigger fish to fry."
@oceans and @MikePowers321 that's great ingenuity to the both of you. They seem to serve your purposes well.
@Tom Dunlap its awesome seeing the old stuff. It's amazing what guys put together with what was available. There used to be old yards that I explored years ago. Quite a collection from a tri-state area. All 70s - 80s stuff
@CreTree I know that truck. It used to be in Guilderland some time ago. I know the guy who owend it previously.
Here's an idea for someone. Chipper mounted on flat bed of whatever size truck blowing into whatever sized dump trailer. Forward mounted tool boxes on bed and unhook trailer and park in garage.
Back to CreTree's post ... I now know what I'm going to build from some stuff I have laying around. My early '40s COE on a F450 - 550 chassis, with a 12 -14' chip body With what ever salvageable 12'' chipper I can find.

oceans

I just read this entire thread. Quite awesome. I've avoided it as I was thinking "Ahh trailer chipper combo I'm not interested in building that, Ive got bigger fish to fry."
@oceans and @MikePowers321 that's great ingenuity to the both of you. They seem to serve your purposes well.
@Tom Dunlap its awesome seeing the old stuff. It's amazing what guys put together with what was available. There used to be old yards that I explored years ago. Quite a collection from a tri-state area. All 70s - 80s stuff
@CreTree I know that truck. It used to be in Guilderland some time ago. I know the guy who owend it previously.
Here's an idea for someone. Chipper mounted on flat bed of whatever size truck blowing into whatever sized dump trailer. Forward mounted tool boxes on bed and unhook trailer and park in garage.
Back to CreTree's post ... I now know what I'm going to build from some stuff I have laying around. My early '40s COE on a F450 - 550 chassis, with a 12 -14' chip body With what ever salvageable 12'' chipper I can find.
Do you know just how long I've been thinking of putting a little Izusu Cab onto a short wheelbase F-550 4x4 chassis? Haha!

frashdog

Dayum! Sweet set up! A coat of paint and it'll look pimp.

Whats the trailer gvwr?

Idea of weigh empty versus loaded?

oceans

Thanks, Frash! I do want to paint it up, but I need to finish this Winter before I do that. Warmer temps for paint curing and a real good go through for and rust and repairs/final mods. Pretty sure it hovers around 10k. I want to go to the scrap yard scale and weight it up sometime soon.

Last edited:

CreTree

image.jpeg image.jpeg
I've got an 01 200 XP I'd let go for 5G right now.