Search results

  1. D

    New WA climber looking for tips on navigating slow season

    I'm a green climber like you, and am in a similar boat on the East Coast. Work has been slowing down for us for months, but working for a big company, we tend not to get laid off. Last winter I worked about 25 hours a week for 4 months. If you can find a job doing snow removal that can help if...
  2. D

    TreeMotion Vs. Onyx

    Okay. That's all really helpful. Thanks guys. Next question: I know there are different buckles on the S. Light, the big back pad is not stock on the s. Light, and the ring in the back is not rated for life support, but are there any other differences between the standard TM and the S. Light...
  3. D

    TreeMotion Vs. Onyx

    I'm not quite sure how I feel about a webbing bridge like the TreeAustria has. The Glide is the only saddle I've ever worked in, so I would like to stick with a rope bridge.
  4. D

    TreeMotion Vs. Onyx

    I do seem to be small for a climber. I'm about 140 lbs. One of the problems I have with the glide is that anytime I'm in spurs, or in a position where my weight is more in the saddle than the tree it gets uncomfortable pretty quickly.
  5. D

    TreeMotion Vs. Onyx

    Also, anyone know when the TM Evo will be available?
  6. D

    TreeMotion Vs. Onyx

    I'm in the market for a new saddle. Got to try on the TreeMotion and TreeMotion S. light today. I really liked them both, but am curious about the New Tribe Onyx. Could anyone tell me how the Onyx would differ from the TM? I'm using a Buckingham glide now.
  7. D

    Footlock Prusik

    Okay. Thanks for the input Tom. Do you have a link I can follow to find the descenders you have for sale that work on doubled rope?
  8. D

    Footlock Prusik

    I'd like to start accessing trees by footlocking on a doubled line like in the footlock event. Right now I climb on 11.5mm Lava. I'm 5'10 and weigh about 140-145. Any advice on length and thickness of prusik cord to get, or descender? I've heard good things about the rescue 8, but am open to...

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom