Search results

  1. chris_girard

    This is rigging!

    Thank you for the kind words, Jonny. To be honest with you, I always worry about getting too technical in my writing.
  2. chris_girard

    This is rigging!

    Good eye Phill. Yes, my control line should have been shown in that picture. I was under the gun to get photos in to TCIA and had to do a mock setup of an English Reeve system at my house. You would want to have a control line/s that would allow you move the carriage back and forth. Will have...
  3. chris_girard

    This is rigging!

    Nice work, we'll check them out. Thanks. Looks like you're floating wood in the pic with a tip and butt tie. We do this all the time with polyester double-braid lines as well without any issues. Much more favorable rope angles with this technique. As you probably know, floating wood with a...
  4. chris_girard

    This is rigging!

    First, I just want to thank Tom D. again for posting another one of my articles, I really appreciate it! In regard to using the ArborPlex, obviously this would not be my first "go to" line when setting up a highline, but it was what we had for the long span required. I would love to have a...
  5. chris_girard

    Check this out.

    Thanks for bringing this here Steve. Just order a copy myself.
  6. chris_girard

    Saddle Ergonomics

    LOL
  7. chris_girard

    Saddle Ergonomics

    Too much back padding is no good for your back! Stay away from any harness that advertises thick pads. A harness should be designed to ride low on your back below your sacrum and resting on your pelvis/hip bones, not your spine or it's muscle structure. Best designed harness/saddle for that...
  8. chris_girard

    Sierra Moreno Mercantile Company Anniversary

    Don's a friend of mine and a great guy to chat with. Nobody knows the history of our industry better than him.
  9. chris_girard

    New Bandit chipper pricing,,???

    Here in NH, you can't even get the fucking Bandit dealer MB Tractor to call you back. They suck! I have been waiting over a year to get on their list for a new 12" chipper.
  10. chris_girard

    Going in for surgery

    Hi Tom, I remember you mentioning this issue to me last month and I am so happy that you are going to be able to get it fixed. Wishing you the best and I'll talk with you soon, my friend!
  11. chris_girard

    Interesting Read.

    Excellent info Steve, thanks for sharing!
  12. chris_girard

    Class I splice for Class II rope

    There are no specs on splicing for a situation such as you have described that I am aware of. Your best bet is to contact Iron Street Splicing Company in Washington State (they are affiliated with WesSpur). They do a lot of custom splicing using ropes with a Class I and Class II combined...
  13. chris_girard

    Article by Chris Girard from TCI Magazine: My SRT/SRS (R)Evolution! by CHRIS GIRARD, CTSP

    The reason The Bone wasn't mentioned was that I have never used it. Probably the same thing with the hitches. Article was about my own personal SRT development.
  14. chris_girard

    75 year history of TCIA

    Thanks for sharing, Tom! Our industry has such a rich history.

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom