Search results

  1. chris_girard

    Norm Hall obituary

    Thanks for the info Tom.
  2. chris_girard

    A Thinker

    I so agree with you Ryan and Steve. You guys like me have been on TreeBuzz for years and have benefited from Norm and many others. I try now to give back to younger members and pass on some of the nuggets of knowledge that I have gained from all my mentors.
  3. chris_girard

    RIP Norm Hall

    Here's a great "Norm Hall Tip" from many years ago that he shared with us here on TreeBuzz: How do you protect the pavement on the driveway when falling a large stem across it? Stack 2 sheets across the driveway and then lay hay across them.
  4. chris_girard

    Catalytic converter theft

    Just had mine stolen this year from my mechanics shop. He says that his cameras didn't pick up the thieves. Cost me $900 to replace
  5. chris_girard

    A Thinker

    Bump Thread For Norm Hall With the sudden passing of friend and mentor Norm Hall, I thought that I would bump this thread from Norm, which is one of my favorites. A lot can be learned from it.
  6. chris_girard

    RIP Norm Hall

    Just heard about Norm from Nick's post on IG. So sad. He taught me so much throughout his years here on TreeBuzz. Was just chatting with him this past spring on the phone after coming back from the crane workshop in PA about his self-equalizing rig for crane picks. Never seen anyone do that...
  7. chris_girard

    SAKA FLAKA (Fixed Leg Advancing Knee Ascender) Mod

    I have one and it's not too good and way too expensive. HAAS and SAKA are both way better.
  8. chris_girard

    Rope Bridges?

    On my TreeFlex saddles (which are no longer made), I have always run webbing for bridges, but am thinking of switching over to a rope bridge. What recommendations do you guys have? I know Monkey Beaver runs Arbormaster 16 strand solid braid, I used to climb on that stuff about 20 years ago.
  9. chris_girard

    "Bump" for Graeme McMahon

    Awesome work Graeme and crew! That's one thing that is definitely on my bucket list for tree work.
  10. chris_girard

    New TCIA Article

    Awesome article Steve!
  11. chris_girard

    Storm Work & Insurance Question

    DO NOT DO ANYTHING until both parties have it sorted out.
  12. chris_girard

    Legit Petzl PAW rigging plate?

    Yup, same here. Contact Petzl.
  13. chris_girard

    Masdam Shenanigans

    Yup and it is truly horrible to splice.
  14. chris_girard

    Masdam Shenanigans

    Nice work Phil, looks like it went just as planned.
  15. chris_girard

    Maine climber killed in accident

    Yup, sounds like he was still tied into the top. Did that once years ago, myself and stayed tied into the top. We were rigging it down and thank God my ground worker saw my line still in the top. He snubbed it off on the Porta-Wrap. Still dragged me down a bit and I cut off my climb line to...
  16. chris_girard

    "Bump" for Graeme McMahon

    Always great to hear from you Graeme!
  17. chris_girard

    Folding Tree

    Hey Graeme, any chance that you can upload that video again please? It doesn't seem to work anymore. Thanks, Chris
  18. chris_girard

    "Bump" for Graeme McMahon

    It's great so see Graeme posting here again on TB. For you younger members, if you don't know who he is look him up! A tree master, and humble treeman.
  19. chris_girard

    Been Here for More Than a While

    Been Here for More Than a While

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom