Search results

  1. chris_girard

    Ziplining logs

    Tom, is there anyway you can get Eli's speedline pics to show back up for this thread?
  2. chris_girard

    Pelican Rigging ropes

    Please let us know if you get any hockling in the line when you use it. All the rope that has been manufactured in the last 10 years or so, hockles in lengths over 200' due to manufacturers outsourcing the fibers to cheaper made lines...from what I've been told.
  3. chris_girard

    Pelican Rigging ropes

    Pelican ropes is one of the best ropes, yet least known ropes in arboriculture.
  4. chris_girard

    We really must stop meeting like this! The relationship between the termination knot and the hitch.

    Agreed Rico, and proud to call him a friend of mine. Just chatted with him yesterday. He's doing well.
  5. chris_girard

    Bend-and-Swing-Rigging

    Here's an article from one of my rigging jobs from a few summers ago, that deals with lifting and swinging trees. Some interesting tips on utilizing the wood fibers in the tree to your advantage. https://tcimag.tcia.org/tree-care/bend-and-swing-rigging/
  6. chris_girard

    We really must stop meeting like this! The relationship between the termination knot and the hitch.

    Yeah, but he almost died that way too when his termination knot pulled through the bridge ring while he was doing crane work. Definitely have to be careful in choosing your termination knots and using rings.
  7. chris_girard

    stock bridge length petzl sequoia?

    Yup, an adjustable bridge is the way to go.
  8. chris_girard

    Mentoring New Climbers

    Thought that I'd share my latest article from TCI Mag. Now that I'm older, I am so grateful to be able to mentor the next generation. https://tcimag.tcia.org/tree-care/climbing/mentoring-new-climbers/
  9. chris_girard

    This is rigging!

    Once again, I want to give thanks to my late friend and mentor, Norm Hall for showing me the ways to incorporate mountaineering and search and rescue techniques into my tree work arsenal.
  10. chris_girard

    This is rigging!

    Here's a few more. We had to haul the Oak pieces from down the rocky slope, to up below the high-tension ROW powerlines.
  11. chris_girard

    This is rigging!

    Here's some photos of this week's high-lead job out on an island here in NH.
  12. chris_girard

    This is rigging!

    I own two H2's. The older one doesn't have the insert.
  13. chris_girard

    This is rigging!

    OK, so here are my long-awaited photos of the H2 modification.
  14. chris_girard

    This is rigging!

    It's a welded 3/4" socket drive insert, not brazed. Will get some photos today.
  15. chris_girard

    This is rigging!

    No, but you can use it as a "breaker bar" by slipping it over the ratchet handle when you need more leverage.
  16. chris_girard

    This is rigging!

    My inspiration for my H2 modification came from our own flushcut, with a slight difference in the welding of the 3/4" socket insert. Pretty easy to make one up and works great. Our highline job went great, will try to upload some photos later.
  17. chris_girard

    A Thinker

    I fluctuate between here and the late MasterBlaster's site, The Tree House, as my friend and mentor the one and only Gerald Beranek posts often there.
  18. chris_girard

    This is rigging!

    I have another high-lead trolly rigging job coming up this Wednesday, plus I still need to post pics of my Hobbs H2 mod. Will try to get some this week.

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom