I have been to Yale Cordage and seen how modern rope is made, but to see the ingenuity of our historical rope making pioneers is really something to see!
I was thinking the same thing, Tom. I spoke with Don Blair yesterday and I am about to call Robert Phillips here in a few minutes. Both of them are a wealth of knowledge.
I am hoping that when we rewrite the TCIA BMP Rigging Manual, things like renaming well established rigging terms will be addressed. It will be my intent to clarify the terms better than what we have done so far and go back to their original names.
Changing a term for the sake of change is...
Don Blair was talking to Jason Blake about his knot, back when Jason was making and selling his knot video and told him that he might as well get famous naming the knot after himself, because he sure as heck wasn't going to get rich selling a video.
Yup, after just finishing climbing today for 8 hrs, I will be lucky to make 8:00 pm tonight, but here's a Happy New Years to all the Buzzers out there!
Some of you may have missed the November TCI Magazine Legends issue, or maybe there's a thread someplace on the Buzz?
Our very own Mark Chisholm was one of the people featured in the mag. Now Mark is much too humble to make a big deal out mentioning it here, but to me it is a big deal. He has...
Just saw this thread.
If you're a tree climber and you get a call to do industrial construction work like lifting things on a roof or working off the side of a building with a crane, you are not going to be using arborist rope slings. Especially if you plan on renting the crane, you are going...
I am by far Paolo's biggest supporter of the TreeFlex saddle (except for maybe Tom D.) I have owned 5 of them over the years, since Paolo debuted them at the TCI Expo years ago.
I have had to retire 4 of them but still climb in my 5th one, and actually just finished climbing yesterday afternoon...