Recent content by surveyor

  1. surveyor

    Want to buy used Hitch Climber Pulley

    Preferably DMM, Thanks.
  2. surveyor

    Petzl Midline Zigzag

    Here is the thread about the "Pulley/Rack" I was working on in early 2012. I had no knowledge at that time about the zigzag. I continue along this same line with the Lynx to this day. If the zigzag shift stands up to long term use, then I think it may be better than the Blackbird in the sense...
  3. surveyor

    Songs of Perfection

    https://www.facebook.com/reel/2145483892710696
  4. surveyor

    Petzl Midline Zigzag

    I met with Paul in 2014? at the climbing competition at Charlotte, and showed him my midline OAR device which worked for me SRT on Tachyon (which was one of two ropes I owned) but I did not have on hand. He wanted to try it out, so borrowed a Vortex rope from another climber there, but it...
  5. surveyor

    New device from ISC

    I expect that they will require the same Wrench above (for SRT) as they do now, but with the ZigZag links below open on each side like the Reflex. Designing a full mechanical is no easy task, especially for SRT midline, so I appreciate ISC for the effort. It would seem that replaceable wear...
  6. surveyor

    New device from ISC

    Tachyon is, in my experience, one of the best ropes for gripiness in a mechanical device. I still think a compact rope wrench style aid, with short stiff tether could be built into a reflex style device (much like the Blackbird). That being said, has anyone heard rumors of Petzl coming out...
  7. surveyor

    Bulldog Lynx

    This 9mm rope with 3/4 inch pitch with the custom sheeves holds just over 300 lbs SRT.
  8. surveyor

    Tree oddities

    https://www.facebook.com/reel/29496905636565562
  9. surveyor

    Modern AI Tech

    Wow, very sobering. It seems like only a matter of time before our infrastructure of keeping track of money transactions in the globally connected banking systems will be compromised.
  10. surveyor

    Climbers for Christ

    This Egyptologist is an agnostic who is one of many people the filmmaker Tim Mahoney interviewed for Patterns of Evidence, The Exodus.
  11. surveyor

    Tree oddities

    https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=2550162422123346&set=gm.4579064612410750&idorvanity=1554361428214432
  12. surveyor

    Songs of Perfection

  13. surveyor

    Honey bee hive retrieval climb

    Very cool. dad used to have bee boxes, and we recovered a swarming hive once that had settled on a tree branch.
  14. surveyor

    Grand Canyon


New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom