What he said or I always try for a trunk cinch if I can get around the thing, even if I lose some height progress as you get into the branches. Also if your SRT bounce test does bounce - try the throw again. Longer double ended lanyard with one end as a climbing system can help too.
Dan offered his views on the ISC Reflex issue yesterdayI (07-Oct-2026) if you haven't seen it. Comments worth reading too. And sounds like @Perrytrees has sidelined his Reflex for now too, from chatter in one of his videos.
If you want to dispose of any (prescription) drugs (check the expiry dates on the labels), just take 'em to your local pharmacy - they will be able to dispose of them safely, at central medical waste collection sites somewhere. Please do not just flush 'em down the toilet, esp. hormones...
So show up to a new place with referral from another HO I'd worked with for years. Found GIANT rotten poplar (those always make for more funner days) with buncha at least 10-12" diam dead limbs over a now newly constructed addition to their house. Reason for their call - their insurance company...
I gotta get this off my chest tonight - sorta like cars now and all the new gizmos - Lord help you if one of them tanks. Days runnin' to the dealership, IF they can fix it. So advantage for this device is midline attachability and other stuff but this was a big one. But how much fiddling and...
. . . . Rescuing British Columbia stoner crows from trees!
"B.C. is now so full of fentanyl that crows are overdosing. In Prince George, B.C., the Good Caws Crow Rescue Society recently reported on its Facebook page that it has had to provide overdose treatment to more than a dozen crows this...
So the first ISC boo-boo was the biner (above), then the ISC Ultralink and now the Reflex Mark 0001. The "recall" on the Ultralink, at least up here, was so so contorted that I just gave up and tossed the thing (ISC's version of the Corvair - Unsafe At Any Speed?). I dunno about others but I'm...
Matias sorry to hear about this and wishing you a speedy and full recovery.
In time spent in Big Oil, it is a proven statistical fact that the most dangerous thing a worker does throughout their working lifetime is to drive to and from work, to field sites or to plants. Another statistical fact...
I agree - always aim for redundant if possible and simple for safety. Even at that, in an engineering sense I guess, our equipment has potential for what's called common mode failure - say redundant systems connected to a single swivel or single bridge. Many incidents take place with new workers...
Kinda going thru this thread again - would a D4 work - it has a panic feature that puts the thing back into sorta"neutral" or just hanging there. There's other ISC models that don't have this feature though. Crank the lever some more and you get descending mode back. I've used it both in tree...
I didn't soak my Squir rope but just washed it as usual with Teufelberger rope wash in mesh bag and it's fine with my RRP - in fact that's all I use it with now. The RRP stripped it's adjustment hex nut/ bolt and I bought a new one, adjusted it once and am afraid to touch it again so there it...
I've just used a DMM ring and "Bunny ear alpine"? Basically a big loop with the ring on it. It gets rid of rope on rope friction at the loop when yankin' stuff down (esp. with any redirect(s) ).
Or sometimes I still carry up my good old Uni - no mods - just for coming down.
Gettin stuck on a hitch is one reason I often still carry up the ZZ and leather cambium saver to try and stay away from sap as much as possible for the down. Going back into older stuff, Richard Mumford had a video...
Back to descending on a hitch - never by itself, but you can use a round top biner and a ring on say your leg loop or a flatter topped biner and a munter to add more friction for descent. Either is quick. I've talked earlier about the biner/munter in winter to strip frost/ ice/ snow/ glop off...