Search results

  1. P

    Root Collar Excavation/ Stem-girdling Root Pruning thread

    Jumping in late here with our field experience in central Illinois. On mature maples we do collar excavation and girdling root work in the dormant season whenever possible — frozen ground is a nonstarter and mid-summer heat just adds stress, so late fall through early spring is the real window...
  2. P

    Petzl Midline Zigzag

    From a working contractor's standpoint, I lean toward 'they nail it first try' — but I won't be a day-one buyer either way. Petzl's track record with the original Zigzag shows they iterate based on real field feedback, and midline attachability solves a genuine headache for SRT climbers who...
  3. P

    How much is your Climber/ Lift Op vs. Groundworker lowering brush and wood?

    Good discussion. My default is having the ground worker run the rope on most removals, because the climber can stay focused on the cut sequence while the person on the ground watches the drop zone, the crew, and the piece all the way down. That said, when I am piecing out a leaner in a tight...

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom