Tree motion sagging badly

deevo

another member asked me the same thing a while back,apparently they forgot to give him the links that are included.
Ok my suspenders just arrived! Thank you tree stuff for the fast service ! I might put them on and climb in a bit, supposed to rain tomorrow and Sunday and I'm itching to try the harness with this set up!

deevo

Ok did a quick climb after dinner the SRT clip in is nice I attached the RR and worked out great ! Glad you helped me out selecting the suspenders ! Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sgriff

I've almost had mine for a year now,love em. I haven't had s'penders since my first 'real' saddle some umpteen years ago,never thought I'd go back to em but the big saw sucks on the treemotion with out em imo.
I used to have to keep the waist suuper tight and suck in to get the clip(to be able to keep a big saw on without falling off my butt) to snap closed,then the D would dig in to my hip a bit. Not only that,these tree austria's are quality compared to the rest. I know you weren't asking me but i have been dying to communicate on the forums

Zoi

Any issues with the wear to the webbing at the attachment point?
Also how tall are you guys using these? I tried others that were too short unless I wanted my harness mid stomach

TimBr

@Zoi; Welcome to the TreeBuzz forum! I think you're going to like it here! I know you've been a member for awhile, but this is the first time I recall reading anything of yours.

I don't own these suspenders yet, but I am interested in hearing someone's answer to your question about the wear to the attachment points. I'm wondering if the users of the suspenders had to go back and add some strength to the attachment points. I thought the one photo may have only showed the suspender attachment hardware connected to the saddle leather, and not slipped behind a webbing strap, too, but I may be looking at it wrong. It would suck to have it rip through sometime when your saddle is heavily loaded.

Tim

moss

The problem with the TM waist strap is the quick release buckle can't be adjusted when it's closed and it progressively loosens while you're climbing. I solved it by replacing the buckle with a rated stainless steel sliding bar buckle (from a parachute gear supplier). It can be tightened when I'm up in the tree and it doesn't loosen, the tail of the belt tucks back through the buckle as a back up. I'm skinny, no ass etc. I've hung a Stihl 261 and a Husky 372 (not fun) on the harness without suspenders and the harness stays put. I took out the stitching on the quick release buckle and sewed the new buckle on using heavy (70 lb. strength) waxed thread following guidelines for life support sewing on webbing. You can find that info on U.S. caving organization web sites. Did the mod a year ago, it's looking good, no signs of wear etc. The TM light has a much better waist buckle system. Unfortunately it doesn't have the quick release buckles on the leg straps.

With the strap tail tucked back thru the buckle

-AJ

Any issues with the wear to the webbing at the attachment point?
Also how tall are you guys using these? I tried others that were too short unless I wanted my harness mid stomach
I’m 6’ 3” about 195lbs and the Australia suspenders have a lot of adjustment for height in either direction for me. As for wear I havnt noticed any wear the way I used the paracord to attach the suspenders.

NorCalBrock

I’m 6’ 3” about 195lbs and the Australia suspenders have a lot of adjustment for height in either direction for me. As for wear I havnt noticed any wear the way I used the paracord to attach the suspenders.
I'm 6'1" - tree Austria suspenders on a different saddle - plenty of room if I grow up or out. Well built and I like the gear loops for my quickie and figure 8

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk