Tree motion sagging badly

Discussion in 'Rant and Rave' started by deevo, May 10, 2016.

1. deevo

deevo Well-Known Member

ok so just got my new tree motion, did some pruning and small removals with it so far only had my 150& 540 on it no problem, today used my 550 on a crane removal pulled it down..... A lot! I had the buckle pretty tight around my waist, next up I hung my 562 and holy crap it was almost at my knees! I did the waist buckle up super tight, did a few cuts, wasn't impressed, I've heard the shoulder straps are pretty crappy for it, gonna try a few adjusts in the morning, have 3 big maples we are removing with the crane tomorrow. Might have to go back to my edge for crane removals ! If I dont get it set up right may be a brand new tree motion for sale and buying an ergo with shoulder harness. I can't have saws causing it to sag down that much as I do a lot of crane removals. Maybe it's just not the harness for me? If anyone can help or has any suggestions bring it on! Thanks

2. Steve Connally

Steve Connally Well-Known Member

Eat more doughnuts! Lots of bacon and don't drink diet soda. Didn't like the MCRS? Hope you get it fixed. That's one of the reasons I didn't go with the TM. I had always heard it was a great pruning saddle but not such an ideal removal saddle. Good luck

TimBr, Worthaug and deevo like this.
  3. classictruckman

classictruckman Well-Known Member

Don't have a TM, but I put some cheap ($50 I think) Buckingham suspenders on my Glide 2 and it helped a lot, donuts and bacon just didn't have the same effect.

TimBr likes this.
  4. Sgriff

Sgriff Well-Known Member

I had the edge for few months,hated it. Went from that to the TM as well,went through the saggy bottoms also. You gotta tighten that shit up good and secure it off somehow so it doesn't wiggle slack in,i got tired of it making me feel so fat cause i had to suck my stomach and breath in to clip it,that's how tight it needed to be to hold up 390xp.
    I ended up getting the tree austria suspenders,love em[​IMG] it's really nice not having to keep it quite so tight around the gut.

5. deevo

deevo Well-Known Member

Ok thanks, I might order those, you get em from treestuff?

Sgriff and TimBr like this.
  6. deevo

deevo Well-Known Member

7. deevo

deevo Well-Known Member

Oh believe me Steve I do and ate a ton last weekend, hit more mothers days buffets then you can shake a stick at! Lol I liked the MCRS but just decided to try the TM, I just ordered those tree Austria suspenders they look like they'll do the trick. Thanks for the help everybody

TimBr and Steve Connally like this.
  8. Pelorus

Pelorus Well-Known Member

Hey Devon - my new ergovation sits unused cause I'm much happier climbing on my old Sierra Moreno. Ergo seems to take 5X as long to put on and adjust, is definitely NOT as comfortable, (even after considerable time fiddling with it). Ergo is heavier and bulkier, and the leg straps loosen up a bit when climbing in it. Gonna buy a Y upper harness thing for it, but for now, it has been banished to the basement! I like the Sequoia for the lightness, and decently comfortable with a small saw, but the damn leg straps don't stay snug, Resulting in it also getting the basement protocol. Am gonna be looking to buy a new Sierra Moreno from Mr. Blair... He knows how to design a comfortable, functional saddle.

TimBr likes this.
  9. TimBr

TimBr Well-Known Member

10. TimBr

TimBr Well-Known Member

Hey, Pelorus! Thanks for this post. This is a saddle I've never heard of before. Any chance you can provide a link, so that I can read more about it?

Thanks in advance.

Tim

11. Sgriff

Sgriff Well-Known Member

Those are them! Zero complaints and 16+ years in a saddle im not the suspender kinda guy but i do really like these tree austria ones.

deevo and TimBr like this.
  12. FJR

FJR Member

I purchased the tree Austria shoulder harness a for my tm too. How did you secure the front two straps to the saddle? I was trying to figure it out in your picture but it was hard to see.

TimBr likes this.
  13. deevo

deevo Well-Known Member

Thanks for that Dave , I did some
    Tinkering and I tightened the snot out of the waist strap today and ate an extra Apple fritter as per Steve, it fit way better today I had the 372 on my side for some
    Crane removals and no complaints ! I ordered the suspenders anyhow. I'll be keeping the TM!!! Thanks for all the help everyone !
    Devon

TimBr and JontreeHI like this.
  14. Pelorus

Pelorus Well-Known Member

Tim - apart from just Googling "Sierra Moreno saddle", try the Search button on Arboristsite.com - there are a couple of threads on there. Don Blair of Sierra Moreno Mercantile is the fellow responsible for the thing. It has been my go-to saddle for about 7 or 8 years now, and I can't say enough good things about it. It doesn't have 8 yards of Velcro, or 25 gear attachment loops, or rope and knots fastening it to you. Just a basic, well constructed and comfortable saddle, even with a Stihl 441 hanging off it.

LimbLoppa and TimBr like this.
  15. Sgriff

Sgriff Well-Known Member

[​IMG]another member asked me the same thing a while back,apparently they forgot to give him the links that are included.

TimBr and deevo like this.
  16. FJR

FJR Member

Awesome, thanks!

17. deevo

deevo Well-Known Member

TimBr likes this.
  18. Sgriff

Sgriff Well-Known Member

missed that,Of course treestuff yeah

19. deevo

deevo Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Some pics from today of the first tree we did this morning. Even though I tightened the straps up tight as could be I feel good tonight I thought my
    Stomach would be feeling it but it's good. The suspenders will help a ton still though !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sgriff, Pelorus, TimBr and 1 other person like this.
  20. TimBr

TimBr Well-Known Member

Thanks for the detailed review, and suggestions for how to learn more about it, Pelorus. Much appreciated.

Tim