HUMAN.....man is still at it.... THIS dude is on something

rico

I took @owScott to mean YouTube is where you go to tell everybody how awesome you are. Buzz is where you come to learn what you did right or wrong, the same for what others did right or wrong then go do it better next time. Green or well seasoned, we all have a lot to learn and at least something to offer.

Attitude doesn't get anyone anything too useful here, it seems.
Yep. This is what I believe separates TB from most of the other forums/sites. Believe it or not I have bailed or been run off my fair share of forums/sites and I can honestly say I don't remember ever actually learning anything of real value from these other forums. What I do remember were a few self proclaimed greats and so called know-it-alls telling me how they think I should be handling my business. All while they were simultaneously telling me how fucking awesome they were, with very little proof to back it up. I reckon thats just the inter-web?

I am living proof that no matter your experience, or lack of, there is much to be learned here on TB. The list of high level pro's around here is long so I wont bother trying to mention them all, but we know who they are. Thanks guys. If that all weren't enough the Mods are also pretty fucking cool!!!

NailerB

I'm as green as a gourd. I don't know how to take him, I used to enjoy his "gear reviews" but haven't seen any lately. Might be due to his use of "foul" language(which doesn't bother me) that he has lost some connections but I don't know? Not sure why he thinks that people want to watch some of his truck maintenance, home repair, or yard cleanup videos but it's his channel so I reckon he can post what he likes. I would characterize him as as a "different type of bird" but it takes all kinds to make the world go round?

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Honestly fuck youtube for learning. Some need visual. Ok I get that. There are two books that stand out in my mind after the tree climbers companion. That is The Fundementals of General Tree Work by G. BERENAK. The next is the Art and Science of Practical Rigging by Pete Donzelli. Read those two books 5 times and so much will sink in. Proper sound cutting and rigging techniques. It explains many thing in full detail. My problem today is folks do not like to fucking read and digest.

Last edited:

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Another thing about me is I do not give 2 fucks about motives or if he is on drugs or whatever. I can say what it seems. Not rocket science in my world. I posted this vid to see what others thought of his tree intelligence and methods. It is fair gamme. Post up something and that is what hapoens.

rustykfd

I’d much rather watch Human (Cory) than Daniel........Daniel makes me want to puke, Cory is entertaining at least.

If you catch the episode about his history, you might get a little of where he came from. He’s got quite an interesting history. If I were him, I’d be proud of where he’s at in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

climbstihl

I’d much rather watch Human (Cory) than Daniel........Daniel makes me want to puke, Cory is entertaining at least.

If you catch the episode about his history, you might get a little of where he came from. He’s got quite an interesting history. If I were him, I’d be proud of where he’s at in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who is Daniel?

rope-a-dope

I'm not opposed to seeing videos up that make me cringe. It makes me think, which is good, but it can draw you into the mental position of judgement based on assumptions. I watch a lot of YouTube mainly to see things outside of my usual work, like gigantic removals or logging type felling. It's good to see what others are doing, for better or worse. You just gotta watch with a measured point of view. Don't scream at the screen and don't go outside to try what you just saw.
I will share my specific peeves: the stubs of course, footage of him cleaning stuff, lowering limbs that are clearly too big for the DZ, and generally shrugging off close calls.

owScott

Wow bro, nothing like an elitist attitude! I guess greenhorns like me should turn cold shoulder and not be a part of this community? I seriously doubt that the vast majority of contributors on here are 30yr tree veterans. I know they are here, and that's what makes this place so great, because without this place those veterans would be inaccessible to someone like me.
Dude should get bashed for making stupid mistakes, otherwise the average joe watching it won't know that it's a mistake. But a dead horse is a dead horse. You think he's looking for an atta boy? You think he needs your validation? I doubt that.
So I basically say if you post some dumb shit expect to be called out on it here and you say the dude should get bashed for making mistakes how is that different and how does that make me an elitist? you are saying the same thing. Did you read what you wrote before posting it? Sure seems like he is looking for validation if not what is the purpose of his videos? I never called anybody a green horn or any name or suggested anyone should turn cold shoulder and not be part of this community. Just that bullshit will be called bullshit, please clarify your insult.

owScott

That was him. Foolish, and he called himself out on it. Im glad I got to see it, from the safety of my computer.
I've heard from tree veterans this kind of thing happening if you're not careful. Had it not been for honest people ignoring their own pride when posting the vids, I would have never seen it actually happen.
Nope he laughed at the guy and never admitted his mistake acted like it wasn't a problem. We must have seen a different video. Further more 2 guys in a tree for a removal, other than crane work seems like a hazard for the ground crew and just unnecessary.

owScott

Agreed. I shook my head as I saw him drop that stick into another tree. Def a rookie move. I wish there was a way for us to tell other viewers that it's not acceptable procedure. Oh wait, there is! the video comments
Went back and read some of your posts after saying I have an elitist attitude for calling people out on bullshit. And here you are saying we should call people out on BS.

owScott

Another thing about me is I do not give 2 fucks about motives or if he is on drugs or whatever. I can say what it seems. Not rocket science in my world. I posted this vid to see what others thought of his tree intelligence and methods. It is fair gamme. Post up something and that is what hapoens.
That's right, that's what I have been saying. You post a video the work will speak for itself. Video doesn't lie. As soon as we start giving out participation trophies around here I am out.