Yet another owl nest project

moss

So far this nesting season four climbs to work with Great Horned Owl nests and one Screech Owl nest climb. I work with wildlife rehabbers and raptor experts, they make the call as to whether the owlets are injured or not and whether they're good to go in their fledging process or have to go back into the nest. Had one today that we left as is, the owlets were on schedule doing short hop flights in low branches and in a safe situation, This one from yesterday was deemed not developed enough and vulnerable to predation on the ground so up it went.

-AJ

Last edited:

rico

Hey Moss, I hope all is well with you. I have made the decision that I can no longer support or participate in Youtube as it has become yet another place for hate to be disseminated with very little oversight...I know that you use Vimeo for your video needs and was curious how you like it....

moss

Hey Moss, I hope all is well with you. I have made the decision that I can no longer support or participate in Youtube as it has become yet another place for hate to be disseminated with very little oversight...I know that you use Vimeo for your video needs and was curious how you like it....

I’m doing well, thx!

Yep, plus when was using youtube awhile back I didn’t like all crap suggested videos that they pushed next to my videos.

Vimeo is really excellent. I pay a small amount annually to use their “Vimeo Plus” feature, it allows me to upload enough videos per month (a handful at most) without further restriction.

But most importantly it gives me much stronger control in my video settings, features youtube doesn’t offer. For example I make all my videos downloadable so people can view them offline or present them from their device without worrying about having a strong internet connection.

There is a nice feature where if after you upload the video you decide to make an additional edit you can upload the revised video and replace the original seamlessly without changing the original URL. That’s nice because without that if you do revise a video and re-upload you’d typically have to go change the link URL in your treeBuzz post.

You can choose the initial “screen/thumbnail” for your video by choosing from a display of random screen captures from the video or you can browse through the video and select your own frame to capture. Or you can upload a photo to be the initial video image.

There are more detailed settings too that give you more control than youtube but overall I like the uncluttered interface and viewer experience compare to youtube’s busy experience pushing multiple things at you at once.
-AJ

rico

Thanks Moss. I noticed Vimeo has a free trial period so I gave it a go...Seem super easy to use and I am no longer supporting youtube. A win win in my book....

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom