Yale double esterlon

NeSurfcaster

I need a new rigging rope, my current 2 year old ebay rope sucks on the porta wrap. It flattens and binds up, piece needs to be at least 150lbs for it run w/ a half wrap. I see some sellers advertise the the double esterlon being very porta wrap friendly. The 2% elasticity doesn't bother me as long as I got a decent groundman down there. But anyway I was hoping for some reviews on the yale double esterlon, thank guys

Jonny

Sure it’s portawrap friendly, but I reckon most polyester double braids are.

Looks like Maple Leaf is out of smaller diameter of this stuff, but if you’re looking for 3/4” or bigger with a little bit more elongation (Nylon core) than an all polyester, this stuff is great quality and the price is nuts. Email them to find out if they’ll have 1/2” or 5/8” anytime soon if you like. They’re a good company to deal with, and depending what you spend, can get free shipping from Canada.

But sure, double Esterlon is almost no different than stable braid and you probably won’t regret it. Excellent for blocks, rings, and lowering devices. Not great for natural crotch rigging. Tends to glaze with moderate weights and speeds through natural crotch.

Last edited:

NeSurfcaster

Unfortunately no one had the 1/2" double esterlon in stock. Local place thought they had some but didn't. Ended up getting 1/2" samson stable braid. Hoping it runs smoothly in the porty, that's my main reason fort a new riggin rope.

Thanks for the above posts, makes me wish I would of ordered it last week when they had the double esterlon in stock.

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Unfortunately no one had the 1/2" double esterlon in stock. Local place thought they had some but didn't. Ended up getting 1/2" samson stable braid. Hoping it runs smoothly in the porty, that's my main reason fort a new riggin rope.

Thanks for the above posts, makes me wish I would of ordered it last week when they had the double esterlon in stock.
Good rope. You will be pleased.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom