WTH? SHERRILLtree Poison Ivy made by Samson now?

dsptech

The Tango Ivy 11.7mm double braid climbing lines has proven its abilities in the field. Samson has taken the original and fine tuned it to be what it has always been, but with even lower elongation at 1.3%. Whether you are looking for a climbing line for your Moving Rope or Stationary Rope System, Tango Ivy can handle it. Tango Ivy works great with prusik cordage and mechanical devices making it the top choice for anyone wanting a double braid climbing line.

The best choice when looking for a climbing line, Tango Ivy is now made by Samson Rope who focuses on fine details to deliver top of the line products.

rico

After Sherril wanted to charge me over $500 for a 300 ft hank of Yale Aztec (which was on sale) I have begun to dislike and distrust them. The monopoly they are building in the Arb world is alarming and will ultimately NOT be good for this industry.

JeffGu

Sherrill bought Yale didn't they?

They bought Sterling Ropes. I thought Poison Ivy name was a Sherrill owned branding of a rope line they contracted Yale to make. Maybe I'm remembering this incorrectly. There were Sherrill exclusive color schemes, so maybe they trademarked the names which would mean they can call any rope by that name... no matter who they have manufacture it, right?

They are getting bigger. Kinda scary.

dsptech

Funny, just switched from Samson to Yale for my Tropical Ivy I just bought.
Looks like I'm going back to Samson for some Tango. :sisi:

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
I hated drenaline....KM3 max
.....and xstatic. All garbage rope. Ivy lines are king in my books. For the type of climbing I do. My style. Our trees are very flexible so hate stretch in my rope. Those covers except xtatic are shite.

evo

Gu is correct. They just dumped Yale for a better deal. Lol. The rope will be damn good though.
I just thought it was a typo, low paid staff or such. I can’t really see yale giving up that rope, perhaps they will still make it under the blue moon/ focus names?

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
I just thought it was a typo, low paid staff or such. I can’t really see yale giving up that rope, perhaps they will still make it under the blue moon/ focus names?
Sure. Yale will jam some new color combos like the poly/poly kerns coming next moth..

Jonny

I’d be shocked if Yale didn’t offer it anymore. It’s pretty popular in Europe.
I’ve never been unhappy with quality of rope from Samson or Yale, I’m kinda stoked to see Samson make this.
Does Samson already have an 11.7mm 24 strand like this and this’ll be just a different color/ pattern? They make some 11.8mm.

JeffGu

Yeah.. Yale isn't going anywhere. I'm pretty sure there will be a whole slew of their 11.7mm ropes with new colors and names in no time at all.

And Samson? I'm sure their versions will be great. Maybe a tad different, but not much. They'll be awesome, I'm sure.

I hated drenaline....KM3 max
.....and xstatic. All garbage rope.

Three of the best ropes ever made, and he hates them. Damn, @swingdude, we gotta get you some new happy pills and plant you some trees that aren't so bouncy. Maybe send you to Alaska on a vacation. A little cold air, a few feet of snow and a good Eskimo woman will do ya' some good!

Mowerr

Velocity is 11mm, vortex 11.5mm and Voyager 11. 8 I think but all of those I think have nylon cores with polyester covers and have a lot more stretch than the yale 11.7s. so I hope they tightened these new ones up and they could be good

rico

I recently had the opportunity to run some Vortex with the Wrench. A big beautiful rope that is an absolute dream too work with, and even though it does have a nylon core I found the bounce to be very minimal. With an 8,800 lb ABS and 3% elongation at 10% ABS it would be tough for the average climber to create enough stretch as to hinder its performance.

DSMc

That's really good to hear, Rico. I love using Vortex with the HH2 and it has not felt bouncy for my climbing either, but I'm not using the long lengths that you are. You asked me once how it compared to other static lines and because I don't use any, I hadn't a clue. So now, maybe you could answer that question, how does it compare to other static lines?

JTree

What world is this?

On the real, tho, this is kinda cool. Have never been disappointed by either yale or Samson, but I have to admit that I have a soft spot for Sampson. Especially their 16 strand and 11mm DBs.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom