Working in Canada

Jacknburns

G'day all,

I plan to come to the West of Canada late this year to pick up some work. I am a qualified climbing arborist with 3 years experience from the UK. Just a couple of questions regarding the industry out there.

Is there a lot of work through the winter or does the business shut down a bit?
Like the rest of the world, can a job be picked up relatively quickly for 6 months?
Finally, Canada is a bitch to get a working visa for, is it likely anyone would pay cash?

Cheers, Jack

deevo

G'day all,

I plan to come to the West of Canada late this year to pick up some work. I am a qualified climbing arborist with 3 years experience from the UK. Just a couple of questions regarding the industry out there.

Is there a lot of work through the winter or does the business shut down a bit?
Like the rest of the world, can a job be picked up relatively quickly for 6 months?
Finally, Canada is a bitch to get a working visa for, is it likely anyone would pay cash?

Cheers, Jack
http://www.isa-arbor.com/Careers/Career-Center/id/1590
I don’t know if they’d pay cash but you can ask, Trudeau’s letting in everyone else who are just collecting money doing nothing so worth a shot! I don’t know if things slow down there, ask @Reg

evo

Also if doing it legit, you have to pay Canadian taxes and US income taxes too. There accounting methods to avoid double taxation, but it sounds like a epic pain in the ass

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom