White oak revisit

moss

This fine oak has hosted a few climbs, it's like a circus ring, lots of possibilities in suspension or swinging through the middle.

Third time climb, Billy photo documenting tree climbing

I found a sling and carabiner redirect I'd left behind after a climb with Cape Cod arbs, perfect location, used it again ;-)

-AJ

moss

Is it just me or does that tree look like it needs a cable.

Forest tree no cabling needs to happen but even if it wasn't a forest tree the structure is excellent no cabling needed. It went through several heavy storms in 2020 that demolished many trees near it, shrugged it off no problem.

When I first saw the tree 6 years ago it was holding up a large double leader white pine that had fallen into the crown. That finally fell out two years ago. I'd been plotting to release it but nature took care of it.
-AJ

oldoakman

Forest tree no cabling needs to happen but even if it wasn't a forest tree the structure is excellent no cabling needed. It went through several heavy storms in 2020 that demolished many trees near it, shrugged it off no problem.

When I first saw the tree 6 years ago it was holding up a large double leader white pine that had fallen into the crown. That finally fell out two years ago. I'd been plotting to release it but nature took care of it.
-AJ
Exactly the reason for my reply.

flushcut

-AJ
Must be the camera angle.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom