Where to find insurance?

ajblease1

I am starting to work pretty consistently for myself (4-5 days per month on top of my full time gig) and would like get into doing some contract work. The insurance companies I have looked at either have pretty high yearly minimum or won’t even call me back. Where can I find GL that will cover such small amounts of work?

colb

I am starting to work pretty consistently for myself (4-5 days per month on top of my full time gig) and would like get into doing some contract work. The insurance companies I have looked at either have pretty high yearly minimum or won’t even call me back. Where can I find GL that will cover such small amounts of work?
Use google to search treebuzz for western world and stratum.

Steve Connally

I use Arbormax Rick Weden from Corkrahm and Havlin Insurance company. They’re heavily active with TCIA. He’s a great person to just call and ask stuff. If he can’t help you he’ll tell you or make suggestions. I’ve told a bunch of people to call him and they all feel like he’s been super helpful.

Jemco

Looks like my old carrier's still writin tree service policies underwritten by Loyds of London.

North American Chemical Users & Applicators.

Very reasonable rates for small companies, particularly one man ops.

Talk to Robby.

Jemco

Last edited:

B_Strange

X2 on Rick Weden. He just helped me get a policy. I am a one man operation and just starting. Rick was amazingly helpful and very easy to work with. Besides being the smart, professional thing to do being insured helped me win 3900.00 in bids I would have lost had I not been insured. Small change for most folks on here but for a new business those jobs made a bleak February look a little more hopeful.