What is this June bug doing???

LordFarkwad

This was outside on the porch. I *think* it's a June bug, first if all, but an open to being corrected. The thing coming out looks like a larvae of some kind. But I thought insects laid eggs. ???

The June bug is alive, but moving very slowly. Going to keep an eye on it and see how this progresses.

IMG_20200602_133710793.jpg

LordFarkwad

See, that thought had occurred to me, but I thought those just made a hole any ol' place and came out. It looks like whatever is emerging is doing so through the ovipositor (or whatever the egg bunghole is called on these things).

LordFarkwad

Will do - I've seen those cicada shells hanging around, my whole life, and it looks like those split down the back. I guess I assumed most insects did the same.

JeffGu

Well, I think it would be wise to practice social distancing, in this case, and keep at least six feet away from anyone or anything that has an unidentified lifeform hanging out of its egg bunghole.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom