Wc17 parts

Jehinten

Does anyone have a good source for parts on a woodchuck wc17? I bought a used one this past fall that could use some tlc, I've contacted altec and they say my parts need to come from Cummins, I've contacted Cummins and they say the parts need to come from altec. All I'm currently looking for is replacement gauges, as the only gauge that works is the voltage. I'd like to be able to monitor my RPMs, oil pressure and water temp as well as have a source for future parts.

I know a lot of guys run these chippers, so the parts should be available somewhere. Mine has the Cummins 4b3.9 in it.

Last edited:

Jehinten

I have contacted him for a couple of parts. I believe he may still be in search for them as I haven’t heard back in awhile. Although it is a holiday weekend so I’m not expect anything right away.

Any other sources? I don’t mind to pay shipping if it’s out of state.

Sean2202

@Jehinten did you ever find a good source for your Woodchuck WC 17 parts? I have a 1988 WC 17 with a cummins that the gauges do the same thing. I was thinking of maybe crossing them over to Napa if I could not find another source for them. I have contacted Altec but they told me they no longer support my woodchuck model year.

I also would like a parts manual or service manual if they are available.

Jehinten

@Jehinten did you ever find a good source for your Woodchuck WC 17 parts? I have a 1988 WC 17 with a cummins that the gauges do the same thing. I was thinking of maybe crossing them over to Napa if I could not find another source for them. I have contacted Altec but they told me they no longer support my woodchuck model year.

I also would like a parts manual or service manual if they are available.
I have not found a reliable source for parts, luckily I haven't needed anything proprietary as of yet. My gauges still do not work, so if you do find replacements please feel free to add them to this thread.

If I can get them to upload on here, I can PM you the operator's manual and parts breakdown for my chipper. Mine is an '87 so it should be the same as yours.

Sean2202

Thank you for the manuals, I am in the process of searching for parts for this old girl. A little can go a long way.

I am in the process of trying to cross some of the parts / gauges into Napa numbers and I will add them if they work out.

I did find this looks like match from datcon for oil pressure. My oil pressure gauge stated 882 on the side

Last edited: