Vermeer 650tx throttle

VenasNursery

Throttle and cable was replaced last year and last week our throttle when pushed into full throttle it goes by itself back to half throttle

checked what I could get to couldn’t find anything out of the normal
Wiggled the cable from throttle to the injection pump

didn’t help

Jehinten

I've run into issues with the choke cable on my s600 (gas engine) from blockages in front of the linkages to frost inside the cable housing. If someone was a little heavy handed on the cable when it was stuck its very possible to either kink the cable or to put enough of a bend in it that it no longer fully engages the linkage. My latest issue did just that and the cable on the choke was poking through the linkage and down further than it should have, hit the throttle linkage and prevented the throttle from being able to fully engage.

I'd double check that the end of the cable is seated correctly and watch as someone tries to engage the throttle to see if you can see the bind. If its frost inside the cable housing, try heating it or letting the engine idle to create heat. In my case it was the choke and I was able to twist the knob back and forth while pulling to break it free. I suspect a throttle control won't allow that.

Another check I like to do is to disconnect the cable from the linkage and try it again. This determines whether it's the cable or the linkage/injection pump

VenasNursery

The engine goes up with the throttle mechanism but as soon as you let it go it falls down to about 1/2 throttle
Almost like the mechanical is not holding position above 1/2 throttle
Everything I can see looks good but I’m no mechanic

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
Is the throttle cable something like this:

1614776195049.png

I had something like this on my front end loader. It would freeze up even though it was supposed to be 'weatherproof' and made for outdoor controls. My solution was to change the mounting brackets on both ends so that they opened down not horizontal. The next thing I did was build some roofs or awnings over the mechanism to keep water out. Cleaning the cable and both ends became part of the fall winterizing too. the hydraulics company that set me up suggested some special brand of silicone spray to displace the water.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom