velocity class 1 tight eye

treesap

didnt document the process, mainly too much "Wordage" but hey, my long lanyard is useable now, was just using a scaffold knot but I had to re tie everytime I move my fs so I spliced it, plus its allot cleaner now

1617896749262.png

1617896759327.png

Last edited:

treesap

been running it like this for quite a while, very little wear, just a little burning from when I was running a blakes hitch
perfect stiffness for flipping up small spars (Western rolls great on big stuff)
id say its well worth it for a lanyard

treesap

sweet! velocity is such a nice rope for splicing. Do you find it holds up alright to the friction abuse of lanyard use?
defiantly, it puffs up the first few uses, after that its broke in and functions great, yet to find a hitch cord that wont work on it, flips great, knots easy

id say pick up 35ft of it and splice an eye in it and make a lanyard, you wont regret it

dspacio

defiantly, it puffs up the first few uses, after that its broke in and functions great, yet to find a hitch cord that wont work on it, flips great, knots easy

id say pick up 35ft of it and splice an eye in it and make a lanyard, you wont regret it
thanks man. I have a 54' length of it I am just starting to use as a "short, in-canopy ddrt line/lanyard". was using it the other day to toss up into crotches climbing a tall oak. It was rubbing pretty hard on those bark ridges, just had me wondering if it would get beat quickly, being a thinner line.
Of the ropes I have tried, it may be my favorite so far. It was working great to toss, as it's so light, just the carabiner was enough to heft it most of the time.

treesap

thanks man. I have a 54' length of it I am just starting to use as a "short, in-canopy ddrt line/lanyard". was using it the other day to toss up into crotches climbing a tall oak. It was rubbing pretty hard on those bark ridges, just had me wondering if it would get beat quickly, being a thinner line.
Of the ropes I have tried, it may be my favorite so far. It was working great to toss, as it's so light, just the carabiner was enough to heft it most of the time.
its a great rope, just be sure to milk it, I milked probably 1 or 2 ft off of mine, runs allot better when its not all bunched up

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom