Used GRCS wanted

OasisTree

Participating member
Hi, just curious if someone out there has a GRCS that isn't being used enough to justify keeping it. We have a mini, but there are times that it would come in handy for us. Not opposed to buying new, but thought I would check. Please PM me if you are interested in selling, and we can work out the details. Thanks in advance..

colb

Been here a while
Hi, just curious if someone out there has a GRCS that isn't being used enough to justify keeping it. We have a mini, but there are times that it would come in handy for us. Not opposed to buying new, but thought I would check. Please PM me if you are interested in selling, and we can work out the details. Thanks in advance..
I have one I could sell.

It has a bent pigtail that should be unbent or replaced.

The rubber pads are all deceased and I don't know where the screws are. I never found them useful (actually find them detrimental...) and can explain further if we talk on the phone. In short, a foot long section of 3/4 or 1/2 rope stands in better.

I can provide the serial number showing me as the original purchaser.

I have the aluminum bollard.

I have the bit to power the winch using a drill. I have a corded milwaukee superhawg if you want that, but I recommend the cordless Gen 2 m18 fuel version.

Chris Schultz

Participating member
I have one I could sell.

The rubber pads are all deceased and I don't know where the screws are. I never found them useful (actually find them detrimental...) and can explain further if we talk on the phone. In short, a foot long section of 3/4 or 1/2 rope stands in better.

I have the bit to power the winch using a drill. I have a corded milwaukee superhawg if you want that, but I recommend the cordless Gen 2 m18 fuel version.
What did you switch to in lieu of GRCS? Or you just don’t use that type of device anymore? It’s not in my budget at the moment, but I’m curious what one in this condition sells for…..

evo

Been here a while
Put a winch on the mini! C121E4E3-7F54-4804-8E9A-17E5716A235E.jpeg

I have one I could sell.

If @OasisTree isnt interested I might be. I’m In the same situation, would be nice to free up the mini from time to time.

colb

Been here a while
On TS:

The drill driver is 94.99
The grcs is 2995.99
I have the silver winch, not the updated/elongated gold winch.

I'll sell it all for $2,100 as is plus shipping, or buy the pigtail, the bolts, and bumpers for cost and add it to the base price. I've reorganized to focus on non-removal work with no employees, so the grcs does not come out to play very often... If I pick up a replacement, it really would be better for me to get a lighter duty unit... Btw, a lot of the grcs parts are at semi-truck stores - the bumpers, the crank handle for the strap, etc. The bumpers are nonsense if you use the grcs for removals or for anything near capacity. They just crumble. The bumper screws get into the bark of trees you want to avoid injuring. If you don't need to avoid injuring the tree you can just stick it on the trunk directly, or cut a shelf to keep it from creeping if the loads will be big. The bumpers bust if the grcs creeps more than a half inch. The grcs is great, and it is greater in all applications without the bumpers, imo.

The right (when facing the winch) pigtail is about 0.5 to 1 inch below its intended horizon because it got knocked by a piece of wood. It looks like a cheapish part, but one of us will need to bother Greg to get the price...

colb

Been here a while
I have a Stumper 220 also that is always nice to consider selling temporarily then rebuying to make moves on getting a bigger piece of kit, but that's a bit of a divergence from the OP's thread post so PM me if you want that...

OasisTree

Participating member
I have a Stumper 220 also that is always nice to consider selling temporarily then rebuying to make moves on getting a bigger piece of kit, but that's a bit of a divergence from the OP's thread post so PM me if you want that...
That's ok, I have accomplished my goal.

@SeanRuel as much as I don’t want to I’m gonna have to pass, it’s in your court sir. Bought a good bit this year and still need a new dump trailer or something of the sort to haul the mini around. The old ones seen better days. Haa. Thanks

RyanCafferky

Branched out member
On TS:

The drill driver is 94.99
The grcs is 2995.99
I have the silver winch, not the updated/elongated gold winch.

I'll sell it all for $2,100 as is plus shipping, or buy the pigtail, the bolts, and bumpers for cost and add it to the base price. I've reorganized to focus on non-removal work with no employees, so the grcs does not come out to play very often... If I pick up a replacement, it really would be better for me to get a lighter duty unit... Btw, a lot of the grcs parts are at semi-truck stores - the bumpers, the crank handle for the strap, etc. The bumpers are nonsense if you use the grcs for removals or for anything near capacity. They just crumble. The bumper screws get into the bark of trees you want to avoid injuring. If you don't need to avoid injuring the tree you can just stick it on the trunk directly, or cut a shelf to keep it from creeping if the loads will be big. The bumpers bust if the grcs creeps more than a half inch. The grcs is great, and it is greater in all applications without the bumpers, imo.

The right (when facing the winch) pigtail is about 0.5 to 1 inch below its intended horizon because it got knocked by a piece of wood. It looks like a cheapish part, but one of us will need to bother Greg to get the price...

All you have to do to stop replacing the bumpers is to start notching the tree and or use the visor plate. Using the visor has made a huge difference in the performance of the GRCS and the longevity of the bumpers.

colb

Been here a while
All you have to do to stop replacing the bumpers is to start notching the tree and or use the visor plate. Using the visor has made a huge difference in the performance of the GRCS and the longevity of the bumpers.
If the tree is either notched or the visor is installed, it is getting injured and is presumably slated for removal. If that's the case, I could take 30 seconds to cut a 1" upside down shelf to put it under If I felt I was going to be dropping huge logs on the aluminum bollard. There is no need for bumpers since the tree requires no protection.

I really prefer just putting my 1" section of 3/4" rope across the top every time I use it. It's easy, plays really nice with the tree bark, and none of the bumper screws get into the trees I want to keep.

A lot of guys redirect to an adjacent tree when engaged in removal to keep the winch from getting bopped and to keep their guys further out of the zone where wood is coming down. Or, they use the grcs for MA-assisted felling. Both of those applications use trees that likely are not also being removed. Being able to tighten the strap until it sounds like a watermelon while not injuring the tree is useful to me when felling.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom