Update to the SAKA-mini-MAX

evo

Do you have any recommendations for permanent fixing of the mini to the other thingy?

Nickstulz

@evo
I used some small pieces of the Velcro that came in the pack to attach the tether to the elastic slide. Silicone makes perfect glue. Keeps it modular while semi permanent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been having an issue where the bungee component detaches from the ascender too easily. Usually I stow the whole unit on my harness after initial ascent, but lately it's been frequently falling apart while hanging back there. I don't really need it to be constantly modular, but I want it to stay together. Maybe for v3 the bolt on the ascender could thread out and go through a hole on the bungee, rather than resting in the slot. Make it modular, but also easier to "lock in."

Also, having the bungee component swinging around sperate from the main tether is a pain when using spikes. Something about the wider stance makes the bungees fall off the ascender easily, and if that doesn't happen things are getting crossed and making me trip. I've started connecting the bungee and the tether when using spikes and sometimes without, and it works a whole lot better. If it creates more drag I can't tell, and not having to stop and reassemble everything every 20 feet is much better.

Over all I like my Saka, but I think it either needs some refinement as a product, or I need some refinement in how I use it.

Richard Mumford-yoyoman

I've been having an issue where the bungee component detaches from the ascender too easily. Usually I stow the whole unit on my harness after initial ascent, but lately it's been frequently falling apart while hanging back there. I don't really need it to be constantly modular, but I want it to stay together. Maybe for v3 the bolt on the ascender could thread out and go through a hole on the bungee, rather than resting in the slot. Make it modular, but also easier to "lock in."

Also, having the bungee component swinging around sperate from the main tether is a pain when using spikes. Something about the wider stance makes the bungees fall off the ascender easily, and if that doesn't happen things are getting crossed and making me trip. I've started connecting the bungee and the tether when using spikes and sometimes without, and it works a whole lot better. If it creates more drag I can't tell, and not having to stop and reassemble everything every 20 feet is much better.

Over all I like my Saka, but I think it either needs some refinement as a product, or I need some refinement in how I use it.
I understand, for many reasons it's complicated. For one, because the bungee guide tending device only sees compression and the tether holding the climbers weight only sees tension, it adds to efficiency if they are not secured together or secured to the ascender. Cable wraps or other such devices can be used to maintain orientation without attaching these components together.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom